• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

There's been an amazing number of posts and sales in the forum over the last 1-2 months. When Brian (FK) starts a new thread after 2 PM, and by 9 PM it's in the middle of the 2nd page (for me anyway), you know this place is hopping and the market is hot, hot, hot! :applause:

Therefore, I think it's warranted that we again considera sub-division in the marketplace to mirror the regular discussion forums:

- Comics Market (Golden Age)

- Comics Market (Silver Age)

- Comics Market (Bronze Age)

- Comics Market (Modern Age)

- Comics Market (Other)

hm

Sub-Forums (OA and CGC slabs too) might be a good idea.

A seller could use the main marketplace for a mix-sale or for odd ball stuff.

Sub-Forums (OA and CGC slabs too) might be a good idea.

A seller could use the main marketplace for a mix-sale or for odd ball stuff.

:gossip: There is already a marketplace sub-forum for OA in the OA general forum, and yeah, I don't go there much either!

Just like ebay and these forums themselves (where once there was one marketplace forum, now there are 4) have sub-divided over time as their popularity increased, if this growth rate continues...change is inevitable. In the early days of ebay, it would be no problem to look at every single listing in the "comic book" category every day. I don't remember exactly how many new listings there were per day, but in total, when I registered back in '96 there were maybe 1000-1200 auctions max at any one time. :o

2c

It's fine the way it is.

I tend to agree, especially since all unread threads are highlighted. And while I don't collect GA (yet) or much SA at the moment, I love looking. I would have made many SA and GA purchases over the past year if I'd had the cash to do so. There's a lot of great stuff out there. It's easier when it's all in one place instead of having to go through 5 forums to see everything.

Hi Sharon :hi:

1 more vote against this. When I list some books I sure don't want to be bothered sorting them and breaking them up into 3 different threads.

Same with looking at stuff to buy.......I like to see it all in one place.

1 more vote against this. When I list some books I sure don't want to be bothered sorting them and breaking them up into 3 different threads.

Yes I agree.

If I had to make a effort to make fun of John's books in multiple forums it would seem like work.

Yes I agree.

If I had to make a effort to make fun of John's books in multiple forums it would seem like work.

:cry:

2c

2c doesn't buy you much these days, does it? lol

I was impressed by the voluminous amount of activity here lately so thought I'd mention it for discussion...discussion over. :headbang:

I see a voluminous amount of books for sale, but not a voluminous amount of books being bought - a reflection of the current economy. People need to sell to generate cash, and buyers have circled the wagons. I am not impressed overall 2c - discussion ON! lol

I see a voluminous amount of books for sale, but not a voluminous amount of books being bought - a reflection of the current economy. People need to sell to generate cash, and buyers have circled the wagons. I am not impressed overall 2c - discussion ON! lol
buyers market :cloud9:

I haven't noticed much of a difference at all. My last sales thread brought in more that usual. (shrug)

Fairly priced quality stuff moves, overpriced junk sits. Same as it ever was.

I keep waiting for deals to start fall into my lap...it sure hasn't happened yet.

I haven't noticed much of a difference at all. My last sales thread brought in more that usual. (shrug)

I keep waiting for deals to start fall into my lap...it sure hasn't happened yet.

Yes, and it's a good time to be in school instead of the unemployment line :grin:

Yes, and it's a good time to be in school instead of the unemployment line :grin:

Got that right. Part of me wished I had more than 6 months left. :eek: