• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

Well obviously, because at least one person stated otherwise, correct?

"At least" is a major understatement, and although I only quoted a couple of board members, this "some people are above the law" sentiment runs deep with the weak-minded nerds.

67697.jpg.90329fb703f40872b37d3001d76892b7.jpg

...he follows my every board move like a love-sick puppy.

JC, why don't you tell us how it feels to feel that the world revolves around you? Do you feel sad, or disappointed, when others don't appear to live in the same, JC-centric universe you do? Does habitual lying make you feel better about that? hm

We'd love to hear you express your thoughts on this! :cloud9:

Speak for yourself. :foryou:

:sorry:

(Never mind JC...have a nice weekend. (thumbs u )

Adding a guideline to avoid reposting any books for at least a week after the original threads goes up does seem like a reasonable idea.

Comments appreciated.

(thumbs u

I would think that would sound very reasonable, the only exception I could think of, would be a very new person, with multiple threads, who one of the Mods asks to combine.

I am pretty new and a little slow .. :insane: .does that mean if I have a thread going and I close it out I need to wait a week to re-post the books that were in that thread in a new one?

If so that's cool with me. (thumbs u

Adding a guideline to avoid reposting any books for at least a week after the original threads goes up does seem like a reasonable idea.

Comments appreciated.

Sounds good, but I wonder if the timing should be tied to the posting of the book itself, and not tied to when the thread in which the book was 1st posted was started? Some threads last for weeks with books being continually added...alternatively, we could require the existing thread to be closed out before starting the new thread. hm

Comments appreciated.

How about allowing editing of posts for 7 days instead?

Comments appreciated.

How about allowing editing of posts for 7 days instead?

While that would be a nice feature to have, not sure that would deter/eliminate reposting threads, but would be helpful for existing threads to edit the thread title to reflect any relevent changes. A thread can be 'edited" infinitely by adding a post on the end. It would seem a 7-day cushion would still be a separate issue.

Comments appreciated.

1) I don't understand it, therefore the majority of posters won't lol And who would monitor this? ;)

2) What's the point of have any guidelines, if they are not enforced? hm I haven't seen anyone's thread deleted, or any warnings - people are just doing whatever they darn well please - Anarchy Rules! :grin:

My one comment on this issue...

Praise in public, and criticize in private. If you have a problem with somebody, right, wrong, good, or bad, PM them and handle it in private. There's nothing wrong with having a problem with somebody, or disagreeing on whether or not the rules have been broken, but the best way to handle that is to PM that person and talk to them directly, not air it out in the sales thread.

Now back to the program :D

Praise in public, and criticize in private. If you have a problem with somebody, right, wrong, good, or bad, PM them and handle it in private. There's nothing wrong with having a problem with somebody, or disagreeing on whether or not the rules have been broken, but the best way to handle that is to PM that person and talk to them directly, not air it out in the sales thread.

And don't trash people's prices in public. Pm them, if anything.

Especially that.

Especially that.

I agree with all of that.

Someone once thought I ruined their thread about a GA book for sale, I felt bad, bought the book for the asking price, and never looked back. I will never even imply something about a book now, unless it is positive.

Something should be in the guidelines about that.

As Ann Landers once said, "It's too bad that common sense usually isn't."

lol

Yeah, I'm am learning that being on the "otherside" of these boards. Just had funny PM's with that snitzer guy about staying away from my sales threads :screwy:

Another great quote is John Prine:

"It don't make no sense, that common sense, don't make no sense, no more"

Hey guys, that's why I took the quote from Steve's sales thread and pasted it here, rather than reply in the original thread and create more problems.

And once again, this had nothing to do with Steve, and everything to do with the "oh I like him/he sells sweet books, so the normal rules don't apply" attitude I commonly see on here.