• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Commissions

66 posts in this topic

I mentioned in another thread that I had commissioned Irwin Hasen to recreate some All-Star covers for me, so I thought I'd share them in a new thread. Anyone else have any Golden Age commissioned work they'd like to share?

The art below is rather large, about 16" X 22" unframed. Mr. Hasen is also a very quick worker. I received these in the mail about 10 days after I first spoke to him.

img23360km.jpg

img23376jk.jpg

img23351oi.jpg

I have commissioned or purchased several over the last several years....my only regret is i started so late.....To me this is great stuff..It has been a challenge finding and obtaining a number of these.....Some were obtained on the secondary market.....A hybrid from original art collecting, it has all the color and sparkle of our attraction to the comicbook.....

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=5028

Also check out my Schomburg, Fujitani, and Tuska recreations.....jon

The first picture is of me and Shelly Moldoff at a show where I purchased a Flash 37 cover, the others are some shots from my old apartment in New Orleans back in the mid '90s featuring some commission work.

commissions.jpg

commissions2.jpg

Showcase-4 should appreciate the statue on the table!! grin.gif

commissions2.jpg

Showcase-4 should appreciate the statue on the table!! grin.gif

If my eyes are working properly, that would be a statue of The Yellow Kid !

Bill, this is very Outcault / 1897 of you, and I am very impressed 893applaud-thumb.gif

Why, in fact it is!! (gasp)

See, I am a closet Plat-Man!

shy.gif

Ciorac,

Nice Flash cover 893applaud-thumb.gif It really looks great on the wall. I have some Moldoff commissions myself, but alas, no covers.

Todd

Thanks Redfury. I am thinking about contacting Shelly and seeing if he still does covers. I'd like to get another one.

Does Moldoff still do commissions ? - I'd love a piece by him ! - Please let me know how to contact him.

I will call him tomorrow and see if he is still up for it. If he is, I will PM you his number.

That would be great ! - thank you flowerred.gif