• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dear "Golden Age" Forumites…"Wish you were still here – Hope all is well!"

80 posts in this topic

foreheadslap.gif and here posts JBud, a newer board member (that I missed) that is definitely not posting enough anymore and whose input is missed. Glad to hear from you, Happy TG… and glad the aforementioned made you a regular, even if you no longer are.

hi.gifheadbang.gifthumbsup2.gif

Hey Bruce nice post - I think all of the people you mentioned from the class of '02 were pretty instrumental in getting me to quit lurking in early '03 and start posting, partially due to the fact that I agreed with a lot of what was said and of course because I disagreed here in there. 27_laughing.gif

But the people mentioned definitely added to the quality of posts posts on the forums..... thumbsup2.gif

Hey thanks Bruce. IMO the boards wax and wane for most people, I know in the summer I'm on less, cause I'm just on the CPU less. I will say that there have been some excellent members join to bring new opinions and ideas and share their thoughts on existing and previous topics thumbsup2.gif So that in the end, as it should be, the idea of a forum such as this moves on, people arrive, leave and come back, all the while hopefully learning and enjoying the hobby more because of this wacky little niche of the internet.

headbang.gif

So that in the end, as it should be, the idea of a forum such as this moves on, people arrive, leave and come back, all the while hopefully learning and enjoying the hobby more because of this wacky little niche of the internet.

headbang.gif

Nuff said!! thumbsup2.gif

Will do Mike!

hey Bruce,

I'm always lurking.......several times a week actually.......I just don't post that often and when I do, I tend to do it in the Original Art forums. I have been wondering where you've been hiding......I've been keeping a lower profile and with art, being that it's more costly, there is less wheelin' & dealing..... - we should talk. I'll drop you a pm. -

Mike

A very sensible way of looking at it Jason… but its still a serious bummer when good people you enjoy communicating with leave for good… or only show up once in a blue moon.

sorry.gif

I've value the many friendships I've made on these boards. Even those that are primarily "online friends" that I've either met only once (or not at all)… it still bites when they're gone.

frown.gif

Hey thanks Bruce. IMO the boards wax and wane for most people, I know in the summer I'm on less, cause I'm just on the CPU less. I will say that there have been some excellent members join to bring new opinions and ideas and share their thoughts on existing and previous topics thumbsup2.gifSo that in the end, as it should be, the idea of a forum such as this moves on, people arrive, leave and come back, all the while hopefully learning and enjoying the hobby more because of this wacky little niche of the internet. [b/]

There's a blue moon out tonight, Bruce! I miss you guys, too. I still check in, mostly lurking. Because I no longer collect or sell comics, and since I never was a high-grade kinda gal, a lot of the subjects aren't really on my radar anymore. But it's the people I miss and what keeps me coming back. I, too, miss my fellow golden-agers (adding PovertyRow to the list) and miscreants (O Khaos, where art thou? Among the Banned of Brothers).

I've always adored you, Bruce, so I'm touched that I've been missed. I was the Mighty Estrogen of Peace Den Mother in those formative years. As for Crisis, I promised a new chapter for Secret Santa, and I plan to do so. Just have to find the time.

Be well! I'll be around.

-- Joanna

hi.gifcloud9.gifflowerred.gif

Hey Joannna!

Nice that you popped in. PM me and let me know how things are going. Hope the career is doing well. POV is still here I thought, not posting as much, but still here non-the-less. MK is goneski. I "think" he was banned for some anti-CGC comments if memory serves.

Look forward to hearing from ya'

headbang.gif

There's a blue moon out tonight, Bruce! I miss you guys, too. I still check in, mostly lurking. Because I no longer collect or sell comics, and since I never was a high-grade kinda gal, a lot of the subjects aren't really on my radar anymore. But it's the people I miss and what keeps me coming back. I, too, miss my fellow golden-agers (adding PovertyRow to the list) and miscreants (O Khaos, where art thou? Among the Banned of Brothers).

I've always adored you, Bruce, so I'm touched that I've been missed. I was the Mighty Estrogen of Peace Den Mother in those formative years. As for Crisis, I promised a new chapter for Secret Santa, and I plan to do so. Just have to find the time.

Be well! I'll be around.

-- Joanna

Are you drinking Arex?

confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifstooges.gif

When did CGC get into grading Wrestling Mats?

I didnt really know I was drunk at the time

Tell me where that came from and you are an old timer!

Pink Floyd?

headbang.gif

Guess that makes me an old timer Arex!

yay.gif

Are you drinking Arex?

Pink Floyd?

headbang.gif

yay.gif

"Remember when you were young? You shone like the Sun.........." cloud9.gif

Are you drinking Arex?

Pink Floyd?

headbang.gif

yay.gif

"Remember when you were young? You shone like the Sun.........." cloud9.gif

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Be well! I'll be around.

-- Joanna

I miss Khaos too. He was like a brother to me... cloud9.gif

Be well! I'll be around.

-- Joanna

27_laughing.gif

Be well! I'll be around.

-- Joanna

hail.gif

Be well! I'll be around.

-- Joanna

Straight out of left field. thumbsup2.gif

Be well! I'll be around.

-- Joanna

He's my brother.

He's my father.

He's my brother.

He's my father.

tonofbricks.gif

Be well! I'll be around.

-- Joanna

He's my brother.

He's my father.

He's my brother.

He's my father.

tonofbricks.gif

Slap!

Slap!

Slap!

About time somebody gave Faye, I mean Khaos, a good thrashing. sumo.gif