• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Green Lantern #29

15 posts in this topic

my single favourite etch-a-sketch cover ever...cloud9.gif

seriously, looks like a 9.2, maybe a 9.0 depending on how that chip on the BLE gets factored. really clean book with minimal wear.

frankly, i'm a bit jealous

i'd call it in the 8.5 - 9.0 range, as CGC will hammer the book for the spine creases. most of the defects are tiny, but they are good at finding them all on DC's.

nevertheless, that is one beautiful copy............. thumbsup2.gif

i'd call it in the 8.5 - 9.0 range, as CGC will hammer the book for the spine creases. most of the defects are tiny, but they are good at finding them all on DC's.

nevertheless, that is one beautiful copy............. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Burntboy

I have read a number of references to the fact that CGC hammers DC books.

As I am not familiar with that... confused.gif

would someone please elaborate/expound on that theme...

thanks

Burntboy

I have read a number of references to the fact that CGC hammers DC books.

As I am not familiar with that... confused.gif

would someone please elaborate/expound on that theme...

thanks

Sure........... after having approx 300 of my personal off-the-rack purchases from 1961-1965 certified by CGC, i'd have to opine (and often do) that DC's are more strictly graded..

i'm a pretty decent grader and was frequntly surprised by what was considered a DC 8.0 or 8.5. MANY of these books were sold to board members who commented that they really felt they were undergraded.

on the other hand, i've gotten many Marvels back that seemed to have been graded a bit softer and have received fewer comments from buyers about the undergrading aspect.

i'd liken this to the concept of GA books being perceived to be getting the benefit of the doubt relative to later ages..............

but, hey, it's just my opinion................... grin.gif