• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Are Your Goals For 2007?

124 posts in this topic

I am going to join Arex on these: smile.gif

1-To continue to enjoy the hobby.

4-Attend 2 major cons next year. Shouldnt be tough as I go to Heroe's and will most likely hit Baltimore or Chicago as well.

And add these:

1. Complete my slabbed 1979 Micronauts run. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

2. 9.8 Batman 347 that doesn't cost 39.99 plus $15 shipping. confused-smiley-013.gif

3. 9.8 Batman 407 under $100 (just got outbid at $145) Christo_pull_hair.gif

4. Get my butt to a forum dinner! thumbsup2.gif

Good times!

yay.gifChris

No more strikes.................. hi.gif

My 2007 goals are to sell off a lot of bronze and copper age stuff and stock pile some money to purchase something big.

I have done this before and it is VERY rewarding. I sold 10 $2,000 books and then bought a $20,000 book with the $$. It is definately worth it. When you do this, you can get yourself a grail!

....in my case, I will be selling 10 $200 books and buying myself a $2,000 book. 27_laughing.gif

My goals are simple:

2-Pick up nice SA Green Lanterns and Adams Green Lanterns

3-Slowly work on a Picture Frame Marvel set

4-Attend 2 major cons next year. Shouldnt be tough as I go to Heroe's and will most likely hit Baltimore or Chicago as well.

5-Have Chrisco come down to my buddies house in Monroe for beer and cards.

Arex, if by cards you mean Hold'em you can count me in sometime when you need to fill a seat. thumbsup2.gif

2006 was a great year for my bronze grail hunts. My comic goals for 2007 are going to be a bit more modest since my new son means my comic budget will be adjusted.

1. Go to 2 cons - 1) WizardWorld Philly to hook up with Bruce & Foolkiller & the east coasties, go to the forum dinner and Morimoto's & 2) Seattle and another forum dinner.

2. Sell/trade off some copper/modern titles like Spectacular Spider-Man, Spider-Man, New Mutants, etc. to raise some cash to make SOME progress on my X-Men 94-143 run. If I get more than six of the 25 X-books I need then it will be a good year.

3. Get my best raw copper/modern Uncanny X-Men & Wolverine books graded. Copper/modern X-Men & Wolverine books will probably be the focus of my collecting in 2007 because I can get some nice books in the $20-50 range instead of $350-1000+ I need six books to finish my 144-201 run - 149, 174, 176, 182 198 & 200 - so I hope to do that.

4. Put together a complete 9.8+ run of Wolverine 1-189. This will be challenging even though it is a modern set because several issues had production problems which have so far meant few or no 9.8s have been graded. I like a challenge!

5. Finish my reader-grade run of Uncle Scrooge 1-350.

6. If I get a grail this year, I am hoping for Giant Size X-Men 1 or Amazing Spider-Man 129 but that is not likely.

7. I want to do more CGC-Board stuff this year, like the Christmas gift exchange, and make some more Board friends. That has been one of the nicest things about 2006 getting to know genuinely nice people like Mr. Highgrade & Silvers and meeting some guys with similar collecting interests like MutantKeys & KC. In fact, every year since I found the Boards, meeting some new comic buddies has been one of the nicest things about every year.

My goal, would be to complete my Action Comic run of #65 to #101 in CGC 4.0 to 7.0 I only have 14 books now. I have purchased two that were already graded, but I think I will continue to try to buy raw, and submit myself.

My goal would be to complete either:

-the Mister Mystery run in G/VG, all with covers completely attached and no loose pages, all under guide (hard to do in this range)--I have 5 issues so far.

-all of the EC Annuals in the G+ range (I have just 2), again, under guide.

-finish my Thor run of 200-250 in at least VF+.

Jay

My goals are simple:

2-Pick up nice SA Green Lanterns and Adams Green Lanterns

3-Slowly work on a Picture Frame Marvel set

5-Have Chrisco come down to my buddies house in Monroe for beer and cards.

Arex, if by cards you mean Hold'em you can count me in sometime when you need to fill a seat. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Hmmmmmmm..

1. Cut off Borock's pony tail.

2. Steal FFB's dog.

3. PM Greggy more than he PM's me (not likely)

4. Eat Pancakes with Matt Nelson

5. Write posts longer than Zaid

6. Break Hammer's exacto knife

7. Buy some comic books and get drunk with my friends at a few Cons.

devil.gifhi.gif

what i would love to accomplish in 2007 would be to pick up one of my all time grails Avengers #1 or B&B #28. i would say i have a 40% chance of that happening.

what i will probably accomplish is an ASM run of 100 to 150 in VF+ or better. i need about 10 books including #121.

I'm going to continue to expand my GR website, with more support materials (photos, COAs, etc) and keep hunting them down. And get to a con or two in 2007. thumbsup2.gif

I hear there's gonna be one in Feburary in NYC gossip.gif

popcorn.gif and a small one in january

As always I will be looking to upgrade my Hulk collection.

In addition to that I would like to add the following key issues into my collection:

Tales to Astonish #59

Amazing Spiderman #122, 129

Thor #154-158 all NM

Fantastic Four #12

Daredevil #7

Possibly thinking of starting and completing a complete graded run of Spiderwoman since it is only 50 issues.

Attending at least 2 forum dinners

Making it to 2008

Excellent thread 893applaud-thumb.gif

My shortlist for 2007: (in no particular order)

1)advance of my quest for GA GGA books featuring Al Feldsteings headlight covers

meaning complete run of Junior comics 9-16 in FN-VF

2) X-men 95-101 in CGC 9.6

3) Raw VGish X-men 1

4) X-men 139 & 142 CGC 9.8

5) X-men 130-133 in CGC 9.6

6) DD 158 & 168 in CGC 9.6

7) complete my run of raw mutant reprints in X-men 66-93 in FN ---) VF/NM

looks like it is going to be an expensive year (again) grin.gif

I'm going to continue to expand my GR website, with more support materials (photos, COAs, etc) and keep hunting them down. And get to a con or two in 2007. thumbsup2.gif

That's what I'm talkin' about Willis! thumbsup2.gif

That's what I'm talkin' about Willis! thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

There's a chance, this will be my first comic con. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif If so, it would be nice to meet some fellow board members. headbang.gif