• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Books Missing/Stolen Fresno CA Post Office

37 posts in this topic

I had a package go missing after a delivery attempt to a customer in Fresno CA. The package was fully insured and sent with signiture confirmation, so I am covered on all ends (so to speak). The post office lost it - they kept it after trying to deliver since it had signiture confirmation and the person was not home.

If all you dealer-types in the area could keep an eye out, I'd like try to make sure the thief does not get away with it. At least make it hard on him. I'm keeping an eye on eBay.

Marvel: X-Men 103 CGC 9.0 ow/w CGC #0141465003

Marvel: X-Men 110 CGC 9.2 w CGC #0141410001

Marvel: X-Men 112 CGC 9.4 ow/w CGC #0141410003

Marvel: X-Men 113 CGC 9.2 ow/w CGC #0141410004

I'll be sure to post again if it is found, but it is doubtful at this point in these circumstances.

I'm sure that you realize this, but there is a very good chance that there is no thief and the package has just been misplaced. My inclination is that it will turn up and it is currently safe, albeit unaccounted for, in the bureaucracy of the postal service.

However, a sexier account could be that the buyer has a friend at the post office and they are attempting to scam his employer. confused-smiley-013.gif

In any event, good luck. I hope it turns up. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

And, keep us updated.

I'm sure that you realize this, but there is a very good chance that there is no thief and the package has just been misplaced. My inclination is that it will turn up and it is currently safe, albeit unaccounted for, in the bureaucracy of the postal service.

However, a sexier account could be that the buyer has a friend at the post office and they are attempting to scam his employer. confused-smiley-013.gif

And, keep us updated.

I wonder if you'd feel the same way after knowing this:

Original (and only) delivery attempt was made on Tuesday. Customer has been to the post office almost every day since to try to get the item. They told him that after this Tuesday they are going to give up looking for it.

In these curcumstances, on a package insured for over $300 and signiture confirmation, I would be surprised if it turns up. I hope it does, but I'm very pessimistic. In most circumstances I would agree.

The only real hope I hold is that somehow it got marked return to sender, and it is on it's way back to me. If it's a scam, it's going to work. But given that, we should still be on the lookout for the books if they are resold.

Here is the tracking number:

Do you work for the USPS?

No, I don't work for the USPS. I apologize if it seemed that I was pontificating. shy.gif I have no special knowledge of the postal system.

I was just speaking from experience. When I was in grad school I spent two years in a non-doorman building and because of my busy schedule I missed just about every delivery to my apartment. I would regularly go to the post office to pick up packages and on at least three occasions the post office could not initially find them. Each time they were found after a couple of days and the post office deigned to let me pick them up.

Another time, it turned out that a package was not at my local post office, but for whatever reason was being held at another branch. The first clerk I spoke to was of no help, but after a phone call and a return trip a couple days later I was lucky to find a second clerk who was able to figure out where the package was located.

Good luck locating the books, and although I don't live in the area I will keep a look out on eBay for you. It's a good thing you had it insured.

One more thing. I seem to recall that a board member does work for the USPS, but I can't remember who it was. I just spent some time trying to run a search, but didn't have any luck. You may want to try running some searches yourself because I never can find what I'm looking for using the search function, but I know some people are pretty good with it.

I found the following thread about what board members do for a living:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...art=11&vc=1

It looks like the poster "richnerd" was a mailman. Maybe he can be of some help? confused-smiley-013.gif It's worth shooting him a PM, although I have no idea if he still posts because it was from 2 1/2 years ago.

And, keep us updated.

I wonder if you'd feel the same way after knowing this:

Original (and only) delivery attempt was made on Tuesday. Customer has been to the post office almost every day since to try to get the item. They told him that after this Tuesday they are going to give up looking for it.

In these curcumstances, on a package insured for over $300 and signiture confirmation, I would be surprised if it turns up. I hope it does, but I'm very pessimistic. In most circumstances I would agree.

The only real hope I hold is that somehow it got marked return to sender, and it is on it's way back to me. If it's a scam, it's going to work. But given that, we should still be on the lookout for the books if they are resold.

Here is the tracking number:

Do you work for the USPS?

I have worried about the possibilities of a package "coming up missing" (mostly on the recieving end) My mail carrier will pull in our long drive and honk his horn. He will leave packages in the screen door if no sig is required. He seems to be an honest man. (he must know, that I recieve some expensive packages) but whats to stop some postal worker from stealing certain packages?

The Saturday mail carrier leaves my packages on top of me and my neibors mailbox. (which is 1/4 mile from our house) frustrated.gif I always pray, I don't get a package on saturday.

Next time he tries to do that, just be waiting with your Baseball bat and go to work on his kneecaps.

He won't do it again...trust me thumbsup2.gif

The Saturday mail carrier leaves my packages on top of me and my neibors mailbox. (which is 1/4 mile from our house) frustrated.gif I always pray, I don't get a package on saturday.

I had the same problem. I've since asked my carrier to leave the boxes at the post office and to leave me a slip in my box. She is more then happy to do it because she doesn't have to carry them with me. It is a pain having to go and pick them up, but they are safe.

I had the same problem. I've since asked my carrier to leave the boxes at the post office and to leave me a slip in my box. She is more then happy to do it because she doesn't have to carry them with me. It is a pain having to go and pick them up, but they are safe.

Now i know why i have PO Box. No bent packages and a postal office that knows me on a first name basis. But then again how many people would steal comics in Australia? Umm err strike that, our ancestors were primarily thieves.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif that it all works out for ya

If you need some kind of inside USPS info CKB some of my buddies (who are also comic book fans ) here work in the Post Office (including the postmaster here) - let me know!

but whats to stop some postal worker from stealing certain packages?

Unlimited job security that requires skills that could easily have them getting paid half of what they get paid if they were fired and worked elsewhere.

I think if you regularly receive high dollar packages (be it comics or not) it's best to do what Toro does. I guess this has a lot to do with where one lives, but if I lived in the States it's the only way I'd operate.