• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this Superman 1

38 posts in this topic

I picked this one up recently and will probably be putting it with my Superman 2-400 and listing it on eBay at some point. Before I do I'm trying to decide if I should CGC it or have it restored first. Just curious what you guys think the book might grade. (Sorry in advance for the poor quality back cover pic)

SupermanComics1.jpg

Supermancomicsback.jpg

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far. I would be very happy if this book managed to get a 2.0 from CGC. Actually, I have my fingers crossed that if I send it in to be CGCed it will come back a 1.8 or higher.

As far as some of the questions, yes, I do plan to auction off a run of Superman 1-400. (Unless I get a really strong offer on the Superman 1 by itself) I actually offered a run of 1-400 earlier this year where the 1 was a CGC 1.0 but that time I ended up selling the 1 by itself and keeping the 2-400.

As far as the green around the spine, I'm not really sure what it is. It looks like some sort of magic marker or something that has been smeared or faded. I'm no expert or anything, but I don't think its color touch. (It doesn't even come close to matching the colors anywhere on the cover. And it doesn't bleed through to the interior at all.) Also, I was told when I bought the book that it is from an original owner collection. But as far as exactly what the green is or how it got there, I have no idea. There are actually some similar red smudges on the book too.

My understanding has always been that books in 2.0 can have tape that runs the length of the spine, unless the rules on this have changed in recent years. I'd guess 2.0, but certainly no worse than 1.8 unless there are hidden/interior problems. Very cool. 893applaud-thumb.gif

hello all...

I think Adam's run is virtually all unrestored, except for about 3 or 4 early issues?...Adam knows I wish I had the funds to go after it, but Tec's are wiping me out...however, what an opp. for someone with some funds, to get the whole deal in one fell swoop!....

rick

Rick.I didnt forget about the Detective 27 cgc 7.0 blue label pic.I had 2nd thoughts about posting it.The Picture Belongs to Dave and I think I should get his permission 1st to post it.

hello all...

Peter, I understand, and thought maybe that was the case...just sent you a PM

thanks

rick