• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill amnesty

150 posts in this topic

So, lemme see if Ive got this right:

1-You expose yourself before the Amnest program starts and you get a strike

2-You expose your shill after and you are ok

3-Some shills are gone because they are "bad shills"

4-Some shills are "grandfathered" in because they are "good shills"

points 1 and 2 I can live with even though I dont agree.

Points 3 and 4 make no freaking sense to me as I am now understanding it.

Either ban em all or ban none of em

It does seem a little hypocritical, eh? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Are we going to see:

*Self deleted by Wertham*

shy.gif

I haven't really commented on this, but I keep reading these posts, and I think I'm starting to realize that the mods, collectively as a group, are the ones who just don't get it.

As we know from the past, strikes have been handed out (as I have noted multiple times) by dena for completely inconsistent logic. That line of thinking seems to have extended to all of the rest.

I think you ought to just say, you are making the rules up as you go along and that there is absolutely no logic (that is worthwhile) because that's what this is. I really don't care if you want to ban shills or out shills or whatever. Just make a uniform policy and stick to it.

Make the rules clear. Arch normally has some decent logic for explaining his reasons -- but this isn't one of the better examples of a well moderated policy.

I'm all for tightening things up around here: just do it clearly, logically and consistently. Instead of like you usually do.

I am also SkewerOnAStick, an ID I created a couple or 3 years ago for the "greater in the mind than reality" coinee war.

Dang.

You can remember what you did three years ago?

Maybe you aren't so old... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW Arch, no one is going to post their shill accounts in this thread. You do know why people create shills, right? It would be like asking all the people in an AA meeting that would like to remain anonymous to write their full names on a piece of paper that's being passed around the room. screwy.gif

• Administrator
BTW Arch, no one is going to post their shill accounts in this thread. You do know why people create shills, right? It would be like asking all the people in an AA meeting that would like to remain anonymous to write their full names on a piece of paper that's being passed around the room. screwy.gif

Makes an interesting point, doesn't it?

I guess, if the point of this thread is to not get shills to fess up.

So, direct question:

Is Wertham your shill?

If it is, then its a tad bit of hypocracy to allow it to continue working.

Also, the custom title is a bit over the top for Wertham as I interpret it to be making fun of the shill situation and not at all becoming of one who moderates this board.

Exactly.

[frustration on]

BTW Arch, sterlingcomics is my shill. Kill em all. I don't care. This board has seriously degraded in quality posts...include me if you must. I came here looking for comics discussion and all I'm getting is rants and raves on board policy.

[frustration off]

So, direct question:

Is Wertham your shill?

If it is, then its a tad bit of hypocracy to allow it to continue working.

Also, the custom title is a bit over the top for Wertham as I interpret it to be making fun of the shill situation and not at all becoming of one who moderates this board.

Wertham was created a long time ago before this shill problem became a "situation" - the character was purely there for satirizing threads, and not to troll anyone, or demean these boards. To ban something as innocuous as him would be unnecessarily draconian.