• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill amnesty

150 posts in this topic

• Administrator

There are two major things that will get a shill noticed and banned, and its creator given a strike.

1. The account is used to antagonize someone or something.

2. The creator is making an attempt to disguise their identity. This is generally a good indication of a person who wants to be able to post things anonymously to pursue whatever their hidden agenda is. Not acceptable.

For now, let's out the shills, close the accounts and get on with the business of the boards without the sneaking around. If you post your shill here I'll close it without striking you.

P.S. Wertham is grandfathered in.

There are two major things that will get a shill noticed and banned, and its creator given a strike.

2. The creator is making an attempt to disguise their identity. This is generally a good indication of a person who wants to be able to post things anonymously to pursue whatever their hidden agenda is. Not acceptable.

For now, let's out the shills, close the accounts and get on with the business of the boards without the sneaking around. If you post your shill here I'll close it without striking you.

Didn't Redhook suggest an amnesty a couple of weeks ago right before he openly outed his shill account twice last week in his own posts?

Give the guy a break and rescind his strike. I happen to know he's sulking as we speak. He's afraid he might get some work done.

Didn't Redhook suggest an amnesty a couple of weeks ago right before he openly outed his shill account twice last week in his own posts?

Give the guy a break and rescind his strike. I happen to know he's sulking as we speak. He's afraid he might get some work done.

27_laughing.gifhail.gif Classic.

For now, let's out the shills,

But Arch...

If the Underworld ever finds out my secret indentity my family will be endangered.

----

Amusing that this is happening durning Marvel's Civil War about keeping heroes ID's secret or not isn't it? crazy.gif

I admit it, I'm actually Deathlok and Shadroch... please close these accounts. sorry.gif

Ok, to go the full monty here, I am also joe_collector...and comicinvestor...and Tango 'n Cash...so you can close these too. sorry.gif

I'd like to take some credit for this idea, since I said the exact samething in "The Hammer Has Fallen" thread thumbsup2.gif

How about getting rid of banned members who have come back under new IDs? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Amen - I'm sick of Krazy showing up here every other week.

I agree, as I'm sure do many others. Not specifically KK, but the shills that come on to do harm or to poke sticks at the real members that contribute, those are the ones that take the fun out of this place. I know I read more then I post here but some of the best information I've learned has come from members that are no longer around who have limited the amount of posting they do.

I don't have a problem with shills who are entertaining or are here just to be goofy, it's the harmfull ones that really need a good *spoon* kicking.

I also never seen the reason to create a shill then have a conversation between your shill and regular board ID, to me that is worse then being labeled "The Comic Book Guy", it shows that you are either very very lonely, or you should seek medical help for that split personality dissorder, Jekyl & Hyde syndrome if you must.