• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost Rider 1 9.8 oww surfaces… ideal timing?

56 posts in this topic

There is now going to be fierce competition to get another one in the registry; it will be interesting to see if interest can support this price long term.

if another 9.8 comes along I doubt the price will stay where it is - we've seen it happen with other single-number census 9.8's. For those seeking the highest graded, it's always a dilemma of waiting for another copy, and hopefully paying a little less, or missing out and waiting a long time for that copy to resurface.

hi.gif

Hey, Tim!

I picked up a nice ten-center tonight. When I get it I'll post it in your ten-center thread...

There's been a Marvel Team-Up #1 9.8 sitting on Comiclink since May with a top bid of $3500. I never dreamed I'd see Ghost Rider 1 pass MTU 1.

hi.gif

Hey, Tim!

I picked up a nice ten-center tonight. When I get it I'll post it in your ten-center thread...

There's been a Marvel Team-Up #1 9.8 sitting on Comiclink since May with a top bid of $3500. I never dreamed I'd see Ghost Rider 1 pass MTU 1.

Hi Joe! flowerred.gif

Yeah, that's definitely nuts! Of course, I never imagined ANY BA book, in ANY grade, would ever break the $1000 mark except for The Big 3.

It's not just how the book *looks*. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Trust me, load the image into Photoshop, enlarge it, then test the dimensions and see what you come up with. Could be a very weird mis-cut, but it certainly looks suspicious.

Noticed this too. I wonder if anyone has any info as to where this book originated from? Who got it graded/etc?

this book came from the inventory of a closed comic shop in No. CA- there's no way anything was done to this book to enhance it's condition. true 9.8's do happen.

Holy 893censored-thumb.gif !!!

Closing price is $6412.00

About twice what I thought it would go for. Truly unbelievable, and with four people going over 5 grand.

Ghost Rider 1 9.8

893whatthe.gif

That's amazing...wonder what it will do to the price of 9.4's/9.6's?

I thought $5,000 was a possibility, but over $6,000 was a definite surprise. 893whatthe.gif However, the buyer will be very disappointed because the CGC census now says that there are TWO Ghost Rider #1's in CGC 9.8.

I wonder if the seller knew the second Ghost Rider #1 CGC 9.8 was out there? 893naughty-thumb.gif

I thought the timing was odd since the movie is still several months away and the best time to sell is usually a couple of months before the movie's release when the marketing hype is at its peak.

The buyer probably doesn't even have the book yet, but the value has already dropped because it's no longer the only CGC 9.8. Worse yet, if the other copy has White Pages, then he doesn't even have the best copy.

I thought $5,000 was a possibility, but over $6,000 was a definite surprise. 893whatthe.gif However, the buyer will be very disappointed because the CGC census now says that there are TWO Ghost Rider #1's in CGC 9.8.

I wonder if the seller knew the second Ghost Rider #1 CGC 9.8 was out there? 893naughty-thumb.gif

I thought the timing was odd since the movie is still several months away and the best time to sell is usually a couple of months before the movie's release when the marketing hype is at its peak.

The buyer probably doesn't even have the book yet, but the value has already dropped because it's no longer the only CGC 9.8. Worse yet, if the other copy has White Pages, then he doesn't even have the best copy.

Buyers at this level are very sophisticated. With a xxx,xxx print run and only two 9.8s who cares...........He who has the most toys wins. This is an incredible toy to own. Unreal that any 9.8s even exist.......Welcome to the boards.

Buyers at this level are very sophisticated. With a xxx,xxx print run and only two 9.8s who cares...........He who has the most toys wins. This is an incredible toy to own. Unreal that any 9.8s even exist.......Welcome to the boards.

I dunno...Silver Surfer had a good point. With that kind of money to throw around, I can think of some better books to target than this one.

$6,000 for a 1973 book and a marginal character/series is just insane. Think of the GA or SA wonders you could buy with that kind of coin.

i hear what your saying. but sometimes it's more then that. if you grew up in the early 70's collecting comics. and you remeber buying those books off the spinner rack at the local 7-11. then it may be worth more to you then some golden age book that you have no connection with.