• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clink auction.... anyone win one

28 posts in this topic

news.gif I have a compliment for CL 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

I look forward to CL's focussed auctions. I have obtained quite a few nice books since they began running them and many were good deals as well. Probably should have kept quiet, but credit is due.

This time, I won…

BEWARE #1 9.4W $88… market

CAPTAIN AMERICA #143 9.6 $130… pretty much a steal

CHAMBER OF CHILLS #8 9.6 $46… 1/2 of market

KA-ZAR v2 #2 9.6 $61… market IMO

KA-ZAR v2 #3 9.6 $75… a little over market IMO

MARVEL SPECTACULAR #1 9.8 $323… tough to tell, probably overpaid a bit (for now) but I like these old, overlooked bronze books, reprint or not.

well done bronzebruce

the books I bid on went for premium prices

one example- Silver Surfer # 4 CGC 9.4 $1575

same book recently sold at heritage for $1100 CGC 9.4

same book recently sold on ebay with Oakland pedigree $1220 CGC 9.4 including shipping with insurance

I look forward to CL's focussed auctions. I have obtained quite a few nice books since they began running them and many were good deals as well. Probably should have kept quiet, but credit is due.

This time, I won…

CAPTAIN AMERICA #143 9.6 $130… pretty much a steal

CHAMBER OF CHILLS #8 9.6 $46… 1/2 of market

KA-ZAR v2 #2 9.6 $61… market IMO

KA-ZAR v2 #3 9.6 $75… a little over market IMO

MARVEL SPECTACULAR #1 9.8 $323… tough to tell, probably overpaid a bit (for now) but I like these old, overlooked bronze books, reprint or not.

same here! i have gotten several good deals in the focused auctions as well! this time i scored:

conan #3 CGC 9.0 -$87 -not a bad price plus i think it might be undergraded- has OW/W pages and an unsually straight spine for a squarebound! To me front cover looks 9.4!

I hit some of the Kirby Fourth World books that were listed. I won all four that I bid on and feel that I got a really good deal on all of them.

Forever People #4 CGC 9.6 White pages 61.00

Mister Miracle #2 CGC 9.6 White Pages 111.00 Highest graded copy

Mister Miracle #3 CGC 9.4 White pages 60.00

Mister Miracle #5 CGC 9.4 White pages 45.00

Really nice additions to my Fourth World run. I will post them when I get them.

Scott

I look forward to CL's focussed auctions.

The amount of quality material, has in my opinion, surpassed all other shops this year with their consistency and persistence.

Heritage has been the Random House File Copy King this year...Vault has been basically a no show this year. The good stuff is showing up more on more on the link.

Nice!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I forgot to up my bid on that one. confused-smiley-013.gif

foreheadslap.gif

That COC issue is great too...and a good deal at $50. I thought it would go for at least $75.

Good point, thats a very good deal for a 9.6

I'd agree to a point. Definitely a wider range of grades, titles and genres overall… and as mentioned the focussed auctions are great opportunities.

I think Pedigree took its niche however… regularly stocked with high grade Marvel titles and keys.

The amount of quality material, has in my opinion, surpassed all other shops this year with their consistency and persistence.

Heritage has been the Random House File Copy King this year...Vault has been basically a no show this year. The good stuff is showing up more on more on the link.