• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SS Census Question

7 posts in this topic

I didn't see this anywhere, but if it's addressed in a previous post, please excuse n00bishness.

When you look at the CGC Census and see, for example, that 1 SS book exists for a particular issue, is there a way to find out WHO signed it? The census doesn't give IDs for all the books, obviously, so I'm not even sure if this information is retreivable. I'm thinking about getting a book signed and I'd like to know who signed the other copy that's out there to see if there'll only be 1 with the writer or if the other was signed by the writer as well.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is Rob, I believe it's just listed by label on the census. If you PM one of the bigger SS guys here, they can tell you if a sig is rare or not for the most part which can help with your decision. I would try the_collector, AlexH or kevinboyd off the top of my head.

Unfortunately the census does not list who signed the SS books. If there is one particulary book we could try to help you out here on the board, since most of the SS submitters participate here on the forum.

CGC does retain this information in their internal network, so you could always call customer service (toll free 1-877-NMCOMIC) and see if they can provide the details to you.

Would be nice to be able to see that info displayed in the Census tho 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Awesome! Thanks very much to all. I might try the number on a lark and see if that information can be retreived over the phone or not. I'll get the book signed regardless but I got overly curious about whether there was actual census data about that.

On a side note, it would be pretty interesting to see a breakdown by creator of how many CGC SS books are signed by them. That'd be pretty neat too.

Awesome! Thanks very much to all. I might try the number on a lark and see if that information can be retreived over the phone or not. I'll get the book signed regardless but I got overly curious about whether there was actual census data about that.

On a side note, it would be pretty interesting to see a breakdown by creator of how many CGC SS books are signed by them. That'd be pretty neat too.

If there is a book you have a question on, please feel free to PM and I might have an idea who did it.