• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Online Real-time Comic Convention Marketplace...

124 posts in this topic

I definitely like the idea. All I ask is that there be plenty of warning beforehand. It just took me 2 weeks to scan, grade and price 50 books. Even if you throw out the martinis, it still took at least 10 days. makepoint.gif

Having an online comicon every week on the same day is a super idea. Wednesday's are fine with me. If you have it every Wednesday, then's it's not a big deal if you can't get all of your books up as there's always the following week. Just thinking about unsold books, should the seller leave them in their old threads for someone to one day stumble upon? Or do they sometimes start a new thread with new books that may contain the unsold books from a previous sale?

It should be noted to buyers and sellers to read the forum guidelines as to not step on anyone's toes and make sure that all's done properly.

I'm in, btw! (and looking forward to it)

Andy

let em see if I can get this out coherently.

Being more on the buyng side of things I'd like to see a thread started each thursday where boarders could post "What I'm looking for next Wednesday". Since want lists change with the times prospective buyers could post what they'd like to see. No garauntees, but if a seller has it he mght be more inclined to include it the followng week along with whatever else s/he has planned. Like one big happy WTB thread.

takeit.gif

Mike 893blahblah.gif

Cool. The idea is to give everyone some time to scan in all their books and price them, etc.

7:30 PST 10:30 EST sounds like a decent time frame. Any counter arguments?

What's a good day? (Preferably a slower night perhaps.) Since it's coming up on Christmas, I'm thinking next Wednesday, December 6th at 7:30 PST would be a good time.

Post the day and time you think would be good in general. thumbsup2.gif

If someone would like to step up to organize this, that'd be great. (I'd be one of the sellers/buyers.) The idea is to let everyone know that there will be a bunch of real-time selling threads in the marketplace forum at a specific day/time. Hopefully, we'll get a critical mass of buyers/sellers.

My only arguement comes from being overseas, but who needs sleep anyway insane.gif

I will be doing sketches...find me in the virtual artists alley, but please just quick sketches unless you are on the commission list. poke2.gif27_laughing.gif

sounds like a cool idea and maybe a tag in each title stating it is a Convention Sale or something like that?

Great Idea!

Can we include OA?

If so, as not to confuse anyone and make it different from the marketplaces, we can make a new section called "comiccon". It could be for raw or CGC'd comics and magazines as well as original art and comic related things (comic paperbacks, toys, etc). What type of collectible should have to be in the title, so that people who only want to look at a certain type do not have to look at every post.

Does that sound good? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'd like to see a thread started each thursday where boarders could post "What I'm looking for next Wednesday". Since want lists change with the times prospective buyers could post what they'd like to see. No garauntees, but if a seller has it he mght be more inclined to include it the followng week along with whatever else s/he has planned. Like one big happy WTB thread.

That's an interesting little sub-idea.

Might want to think about making payment by immediate Paypal only (like on ebay). That way someone isn't running wild, buying from 8 different sellers & then realizing they have a decision to make on what to buy at the end of the night. Once you receive paypals e-mail that payment is sent, the book can be removed from the thread & you know it is sold. You would also then know that you've got x amount of $$$ to spend at the con if you want to, & not have to worry about the payment arriving.

Mark

Can we include OA?

If so, as not to confuse anyone and make it different from the marketplaces, we can make a new section called "comiccon". It could be for raw or CGC'd comics and magazines as well as original art and comic related things (comic paperbacks, toys, etc). What type of collectible should have to be in the title, so that people who only want to look at a certain type do not have to look at every post.

Steve, I like the idea, to add to it...

Maybe make it 1 day only for listing new items in your booth? So every Wednesday it is a brand new set of booths. Maybe the older version of booths are locked (but still visable for seller/buyers of items)?

Items can only be listed that day and that day only, set a time frame based on a time zone?

And I agree with OA!

Can we include OA?

hail.gif

Can we include OA?

Sounds really cool.

So I'm watching (stalking) various Marketplace threads waiting for Nikos to upload more books... and I get the notion that "Hey, we should have a lot more people doing this all at the same time."

Now, granted, that may "thin" out the amount of money being thrown around, but it may also draw more people with the idea that with more books being sold, the bigger the immediate marketplace.

So the idea is this:

Pick a night. Pick a time. A bunch of sellers show up at that time and using only one Marketplace thread per seller, they each start a marketplace sale. That way, people won't feel like they're always missing out on a sale... and they'll have a larger selection to choose from while they're waiting for each thread to update.

Any thoughts?

Great idea!

Tuesday night specials...? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif