• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel #1 at Heritage -- Nov. isssue. Is Oct. a more desirable 1st printing?

170 posts in this topic

In the 2005 Metropolis catalog, at page 81, they have the Nicolas Cage copy listed for $80,000.00. The description states: "First printing. Much rarer than the November printing, which in all actuality is the second printing. This is the highest graded, unrestored October copy in existence. There are plenty of the high-grade copies of the November printing around. . . . To date, we have not owned or seen a nicer October copy."

Id sacrafice the Oct for a Rich blue cover of the equivilent grade on a Nov copy.

These grey copies as I call em just dont do it for me.No where near the eye catching quality of a blue copy like the pay copy or the 9.0 Heritage copies.

Put up a scan and compare to see what I mean.

Id sacrafice the Oct for a Rich blue cover of the equivilent grade on a Nov copy.

These grey copies as I call em just dont do it for me.No where near the eye catching quality of a blue copy like the pay copy or the 9.0 Heritage copies.

hello all...

I am with Peter on this one...

rick

hello all...

rick

If it color you want, Marvel put out a reprint of Marvel Comics #1 about 10 years. The colors on the reprint were amazing. Rich deep blues. And would be a lot cheaper than the November version.

S

hello all...

rick

If it color you want, Marvel put out a reprint of Marvel Comics #1 about 10 years. The colors on the reprint were amazing. Rich deep blues. And would be a lot cheaper than the November version.

S

Yeah, well, the colors on the interior sucked. I'm holding out for a Nov copy. sign-rantpost.gif

hello all...

rick

S

Yeah, well, the colors on the interior sucked. I'm holding out for a Nov copy. sign-rantpost.gif

However, a $5 reprint always beats a $100,000 reprint. Just kidding. Then again, maybe not.

S

Just saw this thread for the first time, love it. I'd still go for an October print any day of the week as this is a first print of a landmark first issue, what more could any Marvel/Timley collector ask for? I'm actually surprised the Cage copy on Metro's site didn't until recently especially when all these November copies have changed hands over the last few years.