• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"no period" Batman #1 on ebay...

23 posts in this topic

Spinning out of the Oct/Nov Marvel #1 thread were a number of requests for scans of the rare Batman #1 with no period between the 'No' and the '1'. Well, by some weird coincidence, just tonight a copy appeared on ebay. With no copies in the Heritage archives or on any current website that I found, I wonder just how rare this 'variant' is? I for one would really like to know as much about it as possible. Anyone else have a copy or have any info to share?

Batman No 1

Maybe Batman 1's period is just late.

The seller mentions about 250 copies. Does that mean both versions total or just the dotless variant?

Jack

Spinning out of the Oct/Nov Marvel #1 thread were a number of requests for scans of the rare Batman #1 with no period between the 'No' and the '1'. Well, by some weird coincidence, just tonight a copy appeared on ebay. With no copies in the Heritage archives or on any current website that I found, I wonder just how rare this 'variant' is? I for one would really like to know as much about it as possible. Anyone else have a copy or have any info to share?

Batman No 1

The seller mentions about 250 copies. Does that mean both versions total or just the dotless variant?

Seller also discloses color touch. Did someone just paint over the dot? crazy.gif

Seller also discloses color touch. Did someone just paint over the dot? crazy.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ultra-scarce "Robin with a mustache" cover variant.

Slight color touch.

Jack

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ultra-scarce "Robin with a mustache" cover variant.

Slight color touch.

Jack

893whatthe.gif What kind of "moustache?"

Its definitely possible. Though its also possible that the cover shrunk from aqueous cleaning.

Did you get the larger scans? The book definitely had a lot of work done, and not exactly the best work I've ever seen. I think the whole spine was rebuilt, and also some smaller piece replacement along the other edges. I'm not exactly a restoration expert though, so if anyone else has any opinions I'd love to hear them.

Yeah, that book is interesting. It could possibly have extensive restoration for all we know.. I hate auctions like this where we don't know for sure what has been done with the book. I did get the larger scans of the book. Can't really tell what restoration was done or if the cover was trimmed as I too am not an expert in detecting restoration.

Well, I decided to take a chance on this book and I won it with my last second bid. Looks like Filter81 took a late shot at it too. By a strange coincidence I also won a lot of Silver Age from Filter81 on ebay tonight.....

BTW Filter, let me know what the shipping will be to Canada on the 4 long boxes and I will get payment to you right away.