• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions for CGC and the Liason Committee

926 posts in this topic

Thanks for positng this Foolkiller! Not to brag, but it is pretty much as I surmised before being poo-poohed!

I agree 150% with Steve's position on this. 893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

I don't (as do most of the people who voted here: poll ), but hey - it's not my business or reputation.

let's see, do i have it right?---

nelson--bad

nelson/cgc connection--bad

halperin/cgs stock/nelson move to dallas--bad

NOD--GOOOOOOOOOD [but tiresome]

27_laughing.gif Hi Billy, for a relatively new guy, you've picked up on the board vibe pretty quickly. There is definitely a very vocal faction on these boards that has identified an Axis of Evil of the comic collecting hobby, which in no particular order would be comprised of:

1. Heritage/Jim Halperin

2. Matt Nelson

3. CGC/Steve Borock/Chris Friesen

4. ComicLink/Josh Nathanson

5. Steve Lauterbach

6. Bill Hughes

7. Jason Ewert/ComicKeys/Danny Dupcak (admittedly, I think there's pretty much universal agreement that they should be in the AoE)

8. Tom Brulato

9. Doug Schmell

Have I forgotten anyone? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That Tim Hui character's one ne'er-do-well that surprisingly missed inclusion. His rampant distaste for n00bies and stupid questions mark him as a first-order scoundrel makepoint.gif

[quote All financial repercussions stem from the marketplace. Buyers decide what affects prices.

right now pressing DOES have "financial repercussions". Only when the work is undisclosed and the grade has improved--- the repercussions are always "positive" - - The books INCREASE in value!

If the NOD wants pressing to be considered restoration

this is where i stopped reading, because for some reason or another, you keep missing the point.

all NOD wants is for any work done on a book to be proactively disclosed prior to exchange of money. that's bloody it, they ain't making any statements about the nature of pressing, about those who purchase pressed books, or the relative value of a book with or without pressing.

THEY JUST WANT IT DISCLOSED WHEN IT HAPPENS. THAT'S IT. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

From the NOD website;

Q. Is disclosure of “intact pressing” as outlined in your mission statement your primary concern?

A. Absolutely not! The NOD stands for disclosure of any information that could reasonably impact the decision-making process of collectors/dealers in the buying/selling of comics. The NOD guidelines regarding matters that must be disclosed can be found on our website: www.networkofdisclosure.com. Each of the items that must be disclosed holds equal weight. "Intact pressing" was specifically included in the mission statement solely because of its controversial nature and definitional ambiguity as to whether it constitutes restoration or even enhancement of a comic book. So that there is no question of its inclusion within our required disclosure guidelines it was highlighted.

Q. Does NOD consider “intact pressing” to be “restoration”?

A. NOD does not take a position in this debate. Some NOD members believe it is restoration. Others do not.

Q. Is NOD against “intact pressing”?

A. Absolutely not! In fact, several NOD members routinely have books pressed. The only issue for NOD members surrounds disclosure of the fact a book has undergone “intact pressing” so that a potential buyer can weigh that fact in his/her decision-making process.

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

That Tim Hui character's one ne'er-do-well that surprisingly missed inclusion. His rampant distaste for n00bies and stupid questions mark him as a first-order scoundrel makepoint.gif

acclaim.gif I just believe that noobs in general should STFU and refrain from starting new threads unless they've done an exhaustive search to confirm that the topic has not been discussed already on the boards, ever. 27_laughing.gif

acclaim.gif I just believe that noobs in general should STFU and refrain from starting new threads unless they've done an exhaustive search to confirm that the topic has not been discussed already on the boards, ever. 27_laughing.gif

Sarcasm aside..I agree in principle that people should search before they post.., but that does not mean they should be chastised for talking about the exact same thing WE as a group found to be endlessly fascinating, way back when.

They may have missed out on rounds #1-743.. but that does not mean they do not care, or should not be allowed a voice, even if we have already heard it many times over already. And we (as a forum) should always try and remember that.

Ze-

thumbsup2.gif

i'm not even an NOD member! acclaim.gif

Nobody's perfect. poke2.gif

she's pretty darned close;

912327.1138979722220.moistgirl.jpg

hail.gifhail.gif

She has all the depth, charisma and personality of a mannequin in that photograph. confused-smiley-013.gif

yeah, but what a mannequin! hubba hubba

thumbsup2.gif

hail.gifhail.gif

She has all the depth, charisma and personality of a mannequin in that photograph. confused-smiley-013.gif

What's your point?!? sumo.gif

I want a mannequin.................................cloud9.gif

Well,........I do....... confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif

hail.gifhail.gif

Does it matter confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif

hail.gifhail.gif

My point is that she has all the depth, charisma and personality of a mannequin in that photograph. sumo.gif

thumbsup2.gif

hail.gifhail.gif

My point is that she has all the depth, charisma and personality of a mannequin in that photograph. sumo.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif......................still don't get it. confused-smiley-013.gif

yay.gif