• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't worry, MNSN...

17 posts in this topic

A fellow board member inadvertantly alerted me to the auction with a mere 24hrs left. I had predicted a final value to be less than it actually went for. 893whatthe.gif

Not sure if this auction is indicative of my collection going up in value(it'd take a cool mil for me to sell it anyway), but for every great title page or splash there are 20 (mundane) panel pages. Having a splash break $1k doesnt make all of the panel pages $300 per by proximity. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll just have to settle for the 4 pages I just picked up thanks to Hart.

Preacher 3 pg 22 (Sweet Jesse/Tulip page) cloud9.gif

Preacher 4 pg 14 (Sweet half splash) 893applaud-thumb.gif

Preacher 5 pg 6 (Sweet half splash) hail.gif

Preacher 5 pg 7 (Sweet sequential page) thumbsup2.gif

As you can see, a sweet lot of pages. Sorry, no scans at this time, but they'll be displayed on my site sometime in July. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Mike hi.gif

Not sure if this auction is indicative of my collection going up in value(it'd take a cool mil for me to sell it anyway)

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

And it's been on display being devalued with every click of the mouse. Imagine if it wasn't on display on my site makepoint.gif

But to answer a question I'm sure some are asking, "His collection is worth a million?" Well, no, but if you want my PREACHER pages you're gonna pay for em sumo.gif

...I'm sure it was just that it was the #1 title splash combined with the topical news of the Preacher HBO series in development!

http://qurls.com?i=1386

Prices will surely come back to earth, right? But hey, if not, your collection just quintupled in value! Huzzah!

flowerred.gif

I don't really follow the PREACHER market (although I'd like to get a nice page someday), but is that considered abnormally high? I can appreciate the fact that it's the #1 title splash, but the art is very "eh" to me.

I don't really follow the PREACHER market (although I'd like to get a nice page someday), but is that considered abnormally high? I can appreciate the fact that it's the #1 title splash, but the art is very "eh" to me.

Indeed. I guessed $550-600 for the page. Sure the title from the first issue would be nice, but the price seems a bit high to me as well. The Splash of Jesse getting possessed by Genesis I would consider a $1k page however.

Mike

Not sure if it was just me thinking this, but the seller never mentioned the page number (not that there was anything wrong with that)....wonder if many people thought it was the first page/Jesse too?

With TV series and speculation....

Well, I think it was either a happy accident or someone with a little foreknowledge that the HBO announcement was upcoming. the listing was posted, I think, a day or two before the announcement. Lucky seller maybe!

It's definitely abnormally high for recent prices, but if the series got made and was consistently popular over a number of seasons, who can say? confused-smiley-013.gif Bit of speculation certainly at play there.

Another benefit of all this will be more pages coming out of the woodwork from people looking for top dollar!! wink.gif

I bid $900 on the page, but my snipe was already beat before it went off.

That bid was based on the fact that the page is basically a really bland drawing of a street corner - if the art had been even a little better, I would have been over that top bid.

It IS a fairly significant page, being that it's the title splash of the first issue of one of my favorite series, featuring the (really tiny) main character in his first appearance, but it's just not something you really want to hang on the wall.

The very first page of the series is the three main characters sitting in the diner recounting thier recent history. The splash is from when Jesse tells how he told off the town at the local bar while drunk and the next day when he got possessed.

It seems Ennis likes putting the "title page" anywhere in the book except the first page.

The very first page of the series is the three main characters sitting in the diner recounting thier recent history. The splash is from when Jesse tells how he told off the town at the local bar while drunk and the next day when he got possessed.

It seems Ennis likes putting the "title page" anywhere in the book except the first page.

Interesting. Looking closer at the auction scan it looks like the piece is noted as page 6. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Right! I just meant that the page featured Jesse in his first appearance (i.e. Preacher 1). I'd take any page from the book as a 1st.

If you want the true first, looks like you'll have to track down the ever elusive Andy...

Link...

Well, I dug up Andy's contact info a while back using whois.com and forgot to drop him a line. Now his domain has been reregistered through an anonymous proxy, so cyber-stalking is out of the question 27_laughing.gif

Whoever he is, he bought up a hell of a lot of nice Vertigo pages and then disappeared.

Where are you, Andy?!?