• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone else having a problem with Matthew Wilson - Fantasy Masterpieces ??

254 posts in this topic

This brings up an interesting question...

Do restorers carry any professional liability or some sort of E&O insurance? And if no, why not?

Considering their work I would think that E & O would be prudent (and considerable at that) per occurence anyway - I certainly wouldn't send my books to someone that DIDN'T carry it. wink.gif

I seem to recall there being some sort of "at your risk and we cannot be held responsible..." type language on a well-known restorer's work order forms. I presumed that this meant that your books were NOT covered in the event there was a real bad mistake that basically destroyed the book.

I would presume they would be covered by general liability insurance in the event the restorer's facility burned down or was burglarized.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I have heard horror stories about Matt Wilson, I hear he was in jail a while back

I rest my case

893crossfingers-thumb.gif I'm hoping it will turn out allright, man.

Thanks...when this is all said and done, I will be posting the outcome and the route I had to go to resolve this. I'm hoping this thread gets enough attention that I can spare others my nightmarish experience.

Matt Nelson is by far, one of the most decent people I've met in this industry.

He's always straight forward with his grading, and will tell you straight up if the book is worth being worked on or not.

Sorry about the Wilson affair. Go Nelson, not Wilson smile.gif

He's always straight forward with his grading, and will tell you straight up if the book is worth being worked on or not.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I always got a good vibe off of Matt. It's been years since I've talked to him but he was always very friendly and extremely passionate about comics and quite willing to talk about it. I know he's been knocked a lot on these boards and about some issues that I feel pretty strong about, but I do think he's totally trustworthy and if I wanted to have something restored, he'd be the one I'd send it to.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I always got a good vibe off of Matt. It's been years since I've talked to him but he was always very friendly and extremely passionate about comics and quite willing to talk about it. I know he's been knocked a lot on these boards and about some issues that I feel pretty strong about, but I do think he's totally trustworthy and if I wanted to have something restored, he'd be the one I'd send it to.

hello all

Matt Nelson has my Tec 27 right now, so that says all I need to say....I am also sending him my Tec 1 that needs a little TLC ...

rick

I take it there is no news yet?

Nothing?..not a peep yet? That is very troubling.

I know you cannot say much in the thread, but I assume you would if there was some GOOD news.

Ze-

I know you cannot say much in the thread, but I assume you would if there was some GOOD news.

Ze-

Thanks for your compansion and concern Ze-man. I will only say that I will stop at nothing to get my books back.....nothing

Ze-

Thanks for your compansion and concern Ze-man. I will only say that I will stop at nothing to get my books back.....nothing

893whatthe.gif

here's a little ditty from my long departed father - he must have said this a thousand times during our years together - i haven't thought about this in many years and it just popped into my head...........

Patience is a Virtue

Try it if you can

Seldom in a Woman

but always in a man.....

Thanks...the clock is ticking for Mr. Wilson. When you hear the "ding", it's game over

Was there a "ding" yet?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Just being nosey about what you found out, if anything.

Ze-