• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age Daredevil Thread (Miller inspired)

94 posts in this topic

CGC 9.8 white:

DD-183_edited.jpg

I love that cover hail.gifhail.gif

I have that issue as well

Mine has a faint white streak near punishers knee and untill today I thought I had a bad copy.

now I know I dont

I bought the original K printing plate for this cover too. yay.gif

And some more Electra appearances.

A bit of a miswrap on this first one, but still a sweet book.

CGC 9.6 white:

DD-174_edited.jpg

I am a big fan of Frank's run of Daredevil. I thought of collecting high grade copies of 158 to 200 but decided it was expensive to do so I just bought 181 and 168. Miller's run is one of the best. I think there is a hard cover collected edition coming out? I might pick up a copy.

This is my last Daredevil from the run that hasn't been posted yet.

Unfortunately, 169 has not been posted and I don't have a copy so this thread may just die incomplete. mad.gif Unless someone else kicks in their high-grade copy. sumo.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Here's the 169 CGC 9.6 yay.gifyay.gif

Daredevil169962009.jpg

I am a big fan of Frank's run of Daredevil. I thought of collecting high grade copies of 158 to 200 but decided it was expensive to do so I just bought 181 and 168. Miller's run is one of the best. I think there is a hard cover collected edition coming out? I might pick up a copy.

indeed - Miller Daredevil Omnibus, collecting the whole run - Should be good cloud9.gif

cn_omni_dd_cvr01_b.jpg

cn_omni_dd_cvr02_b.jpg

Very interesting stuff. How thick are those plates? Where did you pick them up?

I bought them from the son of the guy who used to contract with the Sparta printing plant to make the plates. His dad would junk the plates when they were done, but for a period of a couple of years while the son was in high school in the early 1980s, he saved a bunch of them. He was a sports memorabilia collector, so he knew to keep stuff like this.

The plates are pretty thin - maybe a millimeter thick or so. They appear to be made out of zinc.

I have a bunch of dupes in the Frank Miller run that I'll sell you for a big discount when you get around to buying them again. Just let me know.

Thanks Scott,

My want list is long and I will eventually get around to it in a month or so.

Fay flowerred.gif

Great thread! Thanks for sharing your books.

I'm trying to put together a set of Miller DD books in CGC 9.4 white.

I have 11 to go. Maybe I'll post in the WTB thread.