• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,862 posts in this topic

I used to upgrade the bag/board to acid free and Mylite   for all of my Four Colors  so they would fit nicely in the boxes with the others in the run.  Now I do not bother with the rebag  unless I think it is a long term keeper.

Here are a couple of upgrades from a recent con.  For upgrades, I now switch bags  and have the keeper in  mylite  and the available lower grade is back in a regular bag.  <pst LCS's dont even want the four Colors  so I normally  trade them off to MCS as they make a market for almost every issue

fc 177 Roy Rogers.jpg

fc 177 bc.jpg

fc 1199 Absent Minded Professor.jpg

fc 1199 bc.jpg

fc 970 Lawman.jpg

fc 970 bc.jpg

On 7/9/2024 at 4:56 AM, AJD said:

I'm thrilled to get this 1945 'Australian Four Color #62' - a one-shot here in Oz from a publisher that only put out about a dozen Disney comics. The odd cut isn't at all unusual for this book.

large.FrozenGold.jpg.fe20e9fe4807fbdb80d23f00fcdbc3d7.jpg

I love that they added the word "COMIC" to the cover. "WTF is this? Better put COMIC here, otherwise the kids will have no idea."

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2024 at 8:15 AM, sfcityduck said:

Also first Scrooge cover by Barks.

Can you remind me what the actual 1st Scrooge cover was?  One of the Christmas giants?

Edited by OtherEric

On 7/11/2024 at 6:32 AM, AJD said:

This one (though this is the Australian edition)

large_VP2.jpg.1db1ebb712cafd4e37755cdeca3bc40f.jpg

From a purely Scrooge perspective, that's actually better than the American edition because all of Scrooge is on the front cover whereas he wraps around on the American original.

Going to the Torpedo PRE San Diego con.  It moved to a Hilton Hotel in Glendale.  Hope the AC is great as it is going to be over 100 tomorrow.

I am also using my newly expanded want list to not only include Classics First prints and and then figured out a way to shoehorn in Missing of the Missing (In that missing squared?)

fcfs 5 Smilin Jack.jpg

fcfs 5 bc.jpg

ConsolidatedwantlistOriginal.jpg