• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2024 at 7:49 AM, Hepcat said:

That's like me. I collect comics of certain characters in the Four Color run because I like those characters specifically. I then file those comics chronologically under that character's title as opposed to under Four Color Comics.

2c

I think that is the case with most collectors. Sadly, many only focus on “men in tights” books. I love them too but there are so many other enjoyable genres available to us. I love my Ducks, Lulus and other obscure pop culture humor every bit as much as my Batman’s, pre-code horror and other more popular books…

I'm not trying to put together the whole run, although I'm trying to get the books in the 1300's, at least.  Otherwise I collect a bunch of specific characters, and have a tendency to grab them when I see them either in the wild, or cheap.  There's something irresistible about them to me.

On 2/19/2024 at 2:24 PM, Tom789 said:

Picked up a lot of Four Colors from Heritage for the Barks' ducks it contained.  Came with these 3 nice non-duck books.

fc802.thumb.jpg.107b7384c93bd2fec1f7b3c0386489eb.jpg

Oh yeah! Four Color Goofy comics are nice indeed! I have nearly half of the fourteen Goofy issues. Here they are:

03-06-201185628PM.jpg

03-06-201185631PM.jpg

File copy

03-06-201185634PM.jpg

03-06-201185637PM.jpg

File copy

12-07-2012110519PM.jpg

12-07-2012110522PM.jpg

:)

On 3/3/2024 at 4:07 PM, Topnotchman said:

More from a recent pick up, glossy with white pages. 

IMG_7408.jpeg

IMG_7409.jpeg

I really like this era of the Four Color Series with the movie photo or illustrated covers. They have a unique early sixites feel to them. Even the revised Dell logo is interesting; perhaps a nod to stamp collecting. There were also some great movies coming out at that time to feature in these books. The Jules Verne adaptations are always great.

On 3/4/2024 at 3:19 PM, Topnotchman said:

A couple more

IMG_7412.jpeg

IMG_7413.jpeg

Looking at the covers of this era were there simply more fantasy based movies coming out in the early sixties? Today we have the windfall of superhero movies from Marvel but the variety does not seem to be there. Of course we recently had a new Godzilla and Dune just came out but beyond that what other movies are on offer that might compete?

Huh!? ??? There's nothing in the indicia of that Gold Key Man from U.N.C.L.E. comic to indicate that it was part of any continuation of Dell's Four Color run. How about a replacement comic?

:rulez:

Edited by Hepcat