• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,803 posts in this topic

On 11/7/2023 at 1:01 AM, Robot Man said:

Considering it was given out as a subscription premium in 1953, you are probably right.

Somewhere I have an irradiated dime they were giving out at the NY World's Fair in '64 or '65!! It was in a nice little plastic holder emblazoned with the nuclear symbol. Imagine trying to hand those out today!!

On 11/6/2023 at 7:39 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Somewhere I have an irradiated dime they were giving out at the NY World's Fair in '64 or '65!! It was in a nice little plastic holder emblazoned with the nuclear symbol. Imagine trying to hand those out today!!

I have had one of those at one time. Yeah, a different time. Kind of like old Vaseline Glass objects that have radioactive material that makes the rim glow. Just couldn’t do that now days.

I have “accumulated” a lot of these encapsulated cents over the years. Advertising promotional items.

Other than the Dell Comics one, here is the only other comic related one I have come across. This is from the Pioneer Co that made items for boys in 1946. Featured Superman and Lone Ranger. I actually have a beautiful Superman box lid for socks from this company.

IMG_7726.jpeg

IMG_7727.jpeg

On 11/8/2023 at 3:03 PM, Badger said:

That has got to be a hard book to find in decent shape. That looks like a nice copy. Congratulations!

Thanks.  It's a nice vg copy with everything securely attached.  It definitely doesn't seem to show up very often so I was happy to get it.

So, my regular comic shop offered me the first shot at a stack of over 40 Dells, at roughly $5 a book if I grabbed them all.  About half WDC&S and half Raggedy Ann and Andy.  I was of course interested in all of those, for the Kelly, Barks, and Stanley stories.  Oddly enough, what interested me least was the Raggedy Ann & Andy 4C's, but even then at $5 each they're definitely books I wanted to grab:

FC_0262.jpg

FC_0306.jpg

FC_0354.jpg

FC_0380.jpg

FC_0452.jpg

FC_0533.jpg

On 11/27/2023 at 4:34 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I really dislike threads like this sometimes.  Someone posted a Target: The Corruptors awhile back, and thought it looked like it was a 60s TV show so I looked at Youtube.  Now I've wasted 6 hours watching 6 episodes...and I'm not done yet.  :facepalm: :whatthe: lol

I think I was the last person to post that one.  Sorry, not sorry. :kidaround: