• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

FC 918 Beep Beep The Roadrunner :: Monster tough book to find. Super popular title with a huge following. Yet there are only 3 graded copies on the books of CGC. It rarely shows up for sale at all and almost never above VG.

FC%20918%20A19_zpskkf8zcrq.jpg

FC 990 Huckleberry Hound # 1 Another book that simply evades easy capture. Only five graded copi8es of which this is the lowest. But go try to find one. I bough tthis from Duck-R-Us on EBay as a VF or better. They seem to be grading ability challenged. Even a press could get it no better.

FC%20990%20A23_zpsblkp62xe.jpg

FC994 Sea Hunt, FC 1052 Ben Hur, FC 1236 King of Kings and FC 1237 The Untouchables. For a variety of reasons I was a bit disappointed with all these books, especially the Untouchables. I originally bought it from Ted at Superworld comics as a 9.0 or so. I thought it looked all that and better. A great reason to buy only graded comics. I expected better from all, but they have been incredibly difficult to find, no matter the condition.

FC%20994%20A25_zpsu7desffz.jpg

FC%201052%20A27_zpscvwpbzdp.jpg

FC%201236%20A35_zpsmjvgjcr3.jpg

FC%201237%20a37_zpsrygopvkl.jpg

FC 1231 Danger Man Here is an example of a book I never should have bought. It was a poor decision brought on by my desire to complete the run. Nevertheless it's impossible to find in high grade. There was a 9.4 on the census that seems to have been pressed and reemerged as a 9.6 after pressing. It's on sale at Pedigree for an insanely high $1000 after selling as a 9.4 for $2-$300.

FC%201231%20A41_zpsstlq1xbr.jpg

FC 1259 El Cid This shows up routinely in low grade but is very tough in high grade. First good copy I ever bought was about 5 years ago. It was packed so "securely" and with so much tape that by the time I got it out I had shredded a few previously beautiful edges. It was probably the best copy I was ever going to see. Lost forever...

FC%201259%20A39_zpstuhkxbkq.jpg

FC 1304 Nellie the Nurse VERY difficult copy to find in high grade...or any grade. This is the only graded copy. I'm not sure if that says more about the lack of value of lack of copies. Normally 1 or 2 copies emerge when they are higher grade. Anyway, it was in the high branches for me.

FC%201304%20A45_zpsdgvcxdzy.jpg

The Musketeer cartoons and comics are really fun! :applause:

FC 642 The Two Mousketeers Another Metropolis book. I think sold as a 9.2-9.4, a press did salvage the book.

FC%20642%20A15_zpsqwp8yxhu.jpg

FC 144 Roy Rogers I am not exactly thrilled with this copy but I couldn't help myself. Another great example of poor grading at Metropolis Where this was sold as VF. Pressing saved it from worse. Metropolis seems to grade books as if the grade today is what it might get after it was pressed by us saps. Poor grading may not make a difference for a 10-15 dollar book but with Golden Age books like this you are talking about 50-$100 or even a lot more. Another good reason why many people are better advised buying ONLY graded copies.

FC%20144%20A1_zpsr9k1go9c.jpg

FC 296 Mickey Mouse Here is an example of how stupidity can cost you money. By Mickey's arm on the spine you can see a tiny white spot next to the 52. That is where I accidently hit the spine with a piece of really stick tape taking it in/out of a bag. I didn't think it would hurt it that much. I was wrong.

FC%20296%20A17_zpshfxu770s.jpg