• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

I've been too busy to post here in a while. I am alive and well. I am down to about 9 Four Colors to wrap up my high grade run.

If anybody has for sell higher grade copies I am looking for:

237 Tillie the toiler

298 Bugs Bunny

664 Davy Crockett

723 Santiagio

876 Wells Fargo

956 Ricky Martin

998 Ricky Martin

1106 77 Sunset Strip

1229 Thief of Baghdad

I realize most are pretty easily available in lower grade. What's High Grade to me: 9.0? 9.2-9.4

I must say I am aghast at some of the buy it now prices on Four Color on EBay. I've seen a restored copy of 956 I believe selling for 199-209 for almost two years. They paid 150 or something like that. Don't these sellers have anything better to buy and turnover. Cost of money? Wow, is all I can say!

I've been too busy to post here in a while. I am alive and well. I am down to about 9 Four Colors to wrap up my high grade run.

237 Tillie the toiler

298 Bugs Bunny

664 Davy Crockett

723 Santiagio

876 Wells Fargo

956 Ricky Martin

998 Ricky Martin

1106 77 Sunset Strip

1229 Thief of Baghdad

I realize most are pretty easily available in lower grade. What's High Grade to me: 9.0? 9.2-9.4

I must say I am aghast at some of the buy it now prices on Four Color on EBay. I've seen a restored copy of 956 I believe selling for 199-209 for almost two years. They paid 150 or something like that. Don't these sellers have anything better to buy and turnover. Cost of money? Wow, is all I can say!

lol I had to check GCD and see if there was another Ricky Martin back in the day.

Of course it's Ricky Nelson.

hm Freudian slip?

Anyway, mucho (worship) for such an astonishing achevement. I have toyed with starting this run, but I'm a completist and fear I'd be finished before it was.

237 Tillie the toiler

298 Bugs Bunny

664 Davy Crockett

723 Santiagio

876 Wells Fargo

956 Ricky Martin

998 Ricky Martin

1106 77 Sunset Strip

1229 Thief of Baghdad

Whoa! Having all but nine Four Colors in high grade is just a stunning achievement. (worship)(worship)(worship)

Best of luck finding these last ones. You can then show us the group shot to end all group shots. :D

237 Tillie the toiler

298 Bugs Bunny

664 Davy Crockett

723 Santiagio

876 Wells Fargo

956 Ricky Martin

998 Ricky Martin

1106 77 Sunset Strip

1229 Thief of Baghdad

lol I had to check GCD and see if there was another Ricky Martin back in the day.

hm Freudian slip?

Anyway, mucho (worship) for such an astonishing achevement. I have toyed with starting this run, but I'm a completist and fear I'd be finished before it was.

A huge teen idol in his day. His father Ozzie did a brilliant job of managing his career. Even appeared in a few movies, although he couldn't act a lick. Came close to ruining Rio Bravo, which is otherwise one of my favorite films.

237 Tillie the toiler

298 Bugs Bunny

664 Davy Crockett

723 Santiagio

876 Wells Fargo

956 Ricky Martin

998 Ricky Martin

1106 77 Sunset Strip

1229 Thief of Baghdad

hm Freudian slip?

A huge teen idol in his day. His father Ozzie did a brilliant job of managing his career. Even appeared in a few movies, although he couldn't act a lick. Came close to ruining Rio Bravo, which is otherwise one of my favorite films.

OMG, Ricky Nelson, of course!

A slide show of all the CGC copies (92% of the total) are available here:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetSlideshow.aspx?PeopleSetID=8497

237 Tillie the toiler

298 Bugs Bunny

664 Davy Crockett

723 Santiagio

876 Wells Fargo

956 Ricky Martin

998 Ricky Martin

1106 77 Sunset Strip

1229 Thief of Baghdad

Whoa! Having all but nine Four Colors in high grade is just a stunning achievement. (worship)(worship)(worship)

Best of luck finding these last ones. You can then show us the group shot to end all group shots. :D

Sqeggs is right in that it would be the mother of all group shots!! Earthshaker01 is the only other Boardie (I know of )who has a stellar high grade run of Four Color. Congrats on almost completing your quest! Edited by Sagii

237 Tillie the toiler

298 Bugs Bunny

664 Davy Crockett

723 Santiagio

876 Wells Fargo

956 Ricky Martin

998 Ricky Martin

1106 77 Sunset Strip

1229 Thief of Baghdad

hm Freudian slip?

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetSlideshow.aspx?PeopleSetID=8497

Hugely impressive! Some of the issues from the first series you almost never see and many of the other issues are scarce in such nice condition.

237 Tillie the toiler

298 Bugs Bunny

664 Davy Crockett

723 Santiagio

876 Wells Fargo

956 Ricky Martin

998 Ricky Martin

1106 77 Sunset Strip

1229 Thief of Baghdad

hm Freudian slip?

Hugely impressive! Some of the issues from the first series you almost never see and many of the other issues are scarce in such nice condition.

Thanks very much. It's been a long work in progress. The group shot would be difficult with this number of books. Mile High comics in Denver has an entire Four Color series wall board. Many have empty slots but It takes up about 8-9 full wall panels of at least 15' by 10'.

Surprisingly I have most of the issues you do not have.

Not surprisingly few of those are even deserving of being in the same warehouse as yours.

fc1229.jpg

fc110677SunsetStrip_zps777fe3c6.jpg

fc723.jpg

This thread had gone unupdated for way too long

Surprisingly I have most of the issues you do not have.

Not surprisingly few of those are even deserving of being in the same warehouse as yours.

fc1229.jpg

This thread had gone unupdated for way too long

That 15 cent postage stamp belongs in my 1961 rack :sumo:

153896.jpg.fd2afb57820d16a12b4ac30201834df1.jpg

This book and example belongs here. Four Color #457 (Daffy Duck #1). Single highest graded! FC457_zpslmjktqz1.jpg

Now that's a book I wish I owned! Awesome Let me know if you ever want to sell....

Thanks! You can probably tell from my sig line i'm a Looney Tunes fan, BUT, if/when i do decide to let it go, i couldn't think of a better collection to let it go live among other than yours. Edited by Sagii

That 15 cent postage stamp belongs in my 1961 rack :sumo:

I love that rack! I've seen one being used as a display in an antique mall. The owner has no interest in selling. That's not you, is it?

Depends on where you saw it? :lol:

No that's not my rack. Mine is hidden away in my vault.

I'd love to see a photo of the rack you speak of. :cloud9: