• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man: Reign

77 posts in this topic

Wow, #1 was some baloney!

Maybe some thought this was witty, but the names of the News Anchors annoyed the hell out of me. Miller Janson????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on! Frank Miller & Klaus Janson. The other is Varr. Uhmmm, Varley? All participants of Batman: Dark Knights Return.

They might as well have had one be Frank Klaus. At least that sounds real.

Got to say, wasn't too impressed with the story either. Unless things get better really quick, this is no comparison to Dark Knight by miles. I'd like to see something original.

Pat

Yeah, I thought #3 was a lot better than #2. A definite improvement. And it seems to me that this series could have actually benefitted from an extra couple of issues as it is simultaneously overcome by distractions (like the Hypno-Hustler and Jameson's urchins) and hurtling towards it's conclusion (a showdown with an out of control Venom symbiote) without much happening to Spidey in-between.

#1 motivated me to buy #2, but #2 motivated me to sell #1 & #2 for $20 and wash my hands of it.

#3 could be the best comic book ever written, but I'll never know.

Seems there is a bit of controversy about #3 (here).... and some of the associated comments are priceless.

I especially like this panel (not from Reign... but apropos):

wpspidey_aw_HELL_no.jpg

<spoiler>

Wow, quite the write up! About all that needs to be quoted (or can, considering how pissed off the reviewer is) is this:

"At what point did Spider-Man having radioactive sperm ever seem like a good idea?"

#1 motivated me to buy #2, but #2 motivated me to sell #1 & #2 for $20 and wash my hands of it.

#3 could be the best comic book ever written, but I'll never know.

This is how I feel about it. #2 was horrid.

Pat

I think this book is without a doubt the most overhyped piece of dog 893censored-thumb.gifI have ever seen. It just gets worse and worse. I wont even bother reading the rest of the series in the store. You would have to PAY me to buy this book. Its THAT bad. Only long time spider-man fans are buying this book. I would have to gag and throw up if I payed $20 for 1 and 2 once I read it. After all the nice Marvel The End series book we get this for Spider-man? God tell me there will be another one done by Peter David or Stern. I mean I cant fathom paying cover price for this book.