• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 NM+ relisted on eBay...did one of you guys set him straight?

36 posts in this topic

Disappearing ink smudge below the issue #.

Looks like smudge is on plastic bag seen in the 1st picture. I thought those wrinkles were too but unfortunately they are part of the cover. Restoration nightmare.

That's really poor quality resto. It looks like a Richie Muchin / Earl Scheib paint job. They just painted over everything and on the back cover the white paint goes over the ad text. 893whatthe.gif

2j68dow.jpg

coupon.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif

Does that thing even qualify as a comic anymore!??

To those of you on a particular discussion thread,

Yes, this *spoon* has a heart and is well-meaning.

Based on his recent ebay ventures, merrymudcrab is not batting too well on his claims

of original unrestored status. I would venture to say that someone pointed out his

error in grading with the below auction as well.

Amazing Spider Man #1 1963 NM+/Gem Original Unrestored

Bone white pages, glossy in super-mint condition! Item number: 200056208558

Ended: Dec-06-06 17:18:36 PST due to error in listing

"I am doing a one day listing of the next requested item from my collection: another

Spider Man book, a copy of Amazing Spider Man #1 from 1963. It is from the original

printing and is unrestored. This gem has been bagged and locked for years and haven't

been read since. It is ungraded and unslabbed and the most preserved condition you'll find.

This book has bone white pages with no yellowing or tanning. The pages are straight

and centered and sharp. Cover is perfect and shiny like butter. "

e72e_1.JPG

Same book different listing

Amazing Spider Man #1 1963 Gem Mint Restored

Immaculate Condition (9.6-9.8) OW, super glossy Item number: 200056334640

Ended: Dec-07-06 08:13:41

ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale

"Complete solid gem-grade copy. Features beautiful colors on tight glossy cover,

slightly off-white supple interior pages, razor sharp corners and edges, high close,

and no rips, tears, holes or cut-outs. Trimmed This is the most pristine unslabbed

restored copy of Amazing Spider Man #1 on eBay that you will find. "

Based on his recent ebay ventures, merrymudcrab is not batting too well on his claims

of original unrestored status. I would venture to say that someone pointed out his

"I am doing a one day listing of the next requested item from my collection: another

Spider Man book, a copy of Amazing Spider Man #1 from 1963. It is from the original

printing and is unrestored. This gem has been bagged and locked for years and haven't

been read since. It is ungraded and unslabbed and the most preserved condition you'll find.

This book has bone white pages with no yellowing or tanning. The pages are straight

e72e_1.JPG

"Complete solid gem-grade copy. Features beautiful colors on tight glossy cover,

slightly off-white supple interior pages, razor sharp corners and edges, high close,

and no rips, tears, holes or cut-outs. Trimmed This is the most pristine unslabbed

hello all...

if I close my eyes and just "listen", I hear comic-keys in that description...

rick

that AF15 makes me feel sorry for the indignity suffered by that one copy of AF15. Compared to all the other copies that managed to find a home in a nice mylar or slab, this one is formaldehided and glossied up and petrified for all time like poor Jonah Hex!

e72e_1.JPG

hello all...

if I close my eyes and just "listen", I hear comic-keys in that description...

rick

As I said before, this seller is not comic-keys. Also, comic-keys would never say that the cover is "shiny like butter." 27_laughing.gif

As I said before, this seller is not comic-keys. Also, comic-keys would never say that the cover is "shiny like butter." 27_laughing.gif

Right... these people are dim-witted CK wannabes.

Say what you will about CK, the guy has a way with words.