• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picture of Tec (27)-53 run

96 posts in this topic

tecgroupshotr.jpg

hello all...

posted this in the Tec Thread, but what the heck, this is my "baby" and I wanted to single it out and give it a little attention (hopefully deservedly so)....missing are my 27 (being restored now), unrestored 35 (at cgc from metro auction) and 38 (secured, not in the house yet)...also have a higher graded 34 coming, but the heritage copy is one of the nicest 34's I have seen (for a 3.0)...I will still take a complete 27-53 shot when all are assembled in one place, but for now, this will have to do smile.gif

rick

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

but for now, this will have to do

Works for me!

What a group! hail.gif

Wonderful collection of books. 893applaud-thumb.gif I'm assuming that the Tec #1 is restored that is why its not slabbed? The only reason I ask is because I almost never see a copy that hasn't had work done on it.

hello all...

yes, the tec 1 is restored..I got from centaurman (he has an unrestored one, though!)...

rick

There are 3 Detective # 27s on Metros site now...WOW!

hello all...

and, they have a "4th" available, the unrestored Fn, for a cool 150K...just a "wee bit" out of my price range smile.gif

rick

Those are absolutely stunning books. That has to be a legendary run of books. Do you have individual scans of these as well?

hello all...

I am going to put together some individual scans, but first I need a good scanner...when I scan a slab, they come out all fuzzy...Mark Z emailed me the one he uses (his scans are great), so I am going to try to buy one and get them scanned...

on a side note, the tec 35 I got in the metro auction got a 5.0 from CGC (just a .5 grade lower than metro called it, but I believe I had bid on it as a 5.0, so it got the grade I would give it!)

rick

hello all...

and, they have a "4th" available, the unrestored Fn, for a cool 150K...just a "wee bit" out of my price range smile.gif

rick

I'm looking at their website and I don't see it? Only two showing now?

hello all..

looks like the $42500 restored fn copy (trimmed) has been removed...not sure if it sold or what...

the $150 K book has never been on their site, but was available as of last week...Stephen sent me a scan, but I am not sure I have permission to post it, so email metro for a scan

thanks

rick

hello all...

rick

Says my buddy who drives a Ferrari!

27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

hello all...

rick

27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

hello all...

well, as some know, and many don't care, I have sold all 3 Ferrari's I have owned over the years, to afford to buy the Tec's I have (can only have so many toys) smile.gif....but, if a 288 GTO ever comes up again (I passed on one a few years ago, as I didn't have the quarter mil juice to purchase), it would be a tough choice on whether to sell the Tec's to take a run at it smile.gif

rick

on a side note, the tec 35 I got in the metro auction got a 5.0 from CGC (just a .5 grade lower than metro called it, but I believe I had bid on it as a 5.0, so it got the grade I would give it!)

rick

Sweet! Awesome grade on a tough book to find unrestored. Congrats. 893applaud-thumb.gif

hello all...

rick

27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

hello all...

well, as some know, and many don't care, I have sold all 3 Ferrari's I have owned over the years, to afford to buy the Tec's I have (can only have so many toys) smile.gif....but, if a 288 GTO ever comes up again (I passed on one a few years ago, as I didn't have the quarter mil juice to purchase), it would be a tough choice on whether to sell the Tec's to take a run at it smile.gif

rick

Two of the many reasons Rick is tops in my book! He loves golden age and exotic cars!!!! Man after my own heart!

hello all...

rick

27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

hello all...

rick

Two of the many reasons Rick is tops in my book! He loves golden age and exotic cars!!!! Man after my own heart!

hello all...

B poke2.gif, do I get to take your beaut for a spin in Feb?

rick

hello all...

rick

27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

hello all...

rick

hello all...

B poke2.gif, do I get to take your beaut for a spin in Feb?

rick

In the passenger seat....