• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picture of Tec (27)-53 run

96 posts in this topic

Rick we have so many unusual things in common.We both collect Vintage comicbooks and we have both owned Ferraris in our lifetimes.

What are the odds?

hello all...

very cool , Peter ...what did you have?...I owned a '79 308 GTB, a 86 328 GTS (my avatar, 1 of only 60 serra blue factory produced models and my favorite car I have ever owned) and a 88 Testarossa (fast, but kind of boxey and no targa top...got very hot driving in the Florida summer, with the v12 humming behind me)

rick

Rick we have so many unusual things in common.We both collect Vintage comicbooks and we have both owned Ferraris in our lifetimes.

What are the odds?

hello all...

very cool , Peter ...what did you have?...I owned a '79 308 GTB, a 86 328 GTS (my avatar, 1 of only 60 serra blue factory produced models and my favorite car I have ever owned) and a 88 Testarossa (fast, but kind of boxey and no targa top...got very hot driving in the Florida summer, with the v12 humming behind me)

rick

Awesome! I'm small potatos, I have to stick with Porsche. the '06 Cayman S will have to do for now. Maybe in '08 I will add a 911 Turbo, just have to wait and see.

There are 3 Detective # 27s on Metros site now...WOW!

hello all...

and, they have a "4th" available, the unrestored Fn, for a cool 150K...just a "wee bit" out of my price range smile.gif

rick

Says my buddy who drives a Ferrari!

27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

hello all...

well, as some know, and many don't care, I have sold all 3 Ferrari's I have owned over the years, to afford to buy the Tec's I have (can only have so many toys) smile.gif....but, if a 288 GTO ever comes up again (I passed on one a few years ago, as I didn't have the quarter mil juice to purchase), it would be a tough choice on whether to sell the Tec's to take a run at it smile.gif

rick

Two of the many reasons Rick is tops in my book! He loves golden age and exotic cars!!!! Man after my own heart!

That's the kind of life I wanna live too grin.gif.. Oh congrats on the CGC 5.0 Rick! Did it get white pages as described by Metro?

There are 3 Detective # 27s on Metros site now...WOW!

hello all...

and, they have a "4th" available, the unrestored Fn, for a cool 150K...just a "wee bit" out of my price range smile.gif

rick

Says my buddy who drives a Ferrari!

27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

hello all...

well, as some know, and many don't care, I have sold all 3 Ferrari's I have owned over the years, to afford to buy the Tec's I have (can only have so many toys) smile.gif....but, if a 288 GTO ever comes up again (I passed on one a few years ago, as I didn't have the quarter mil juice to purchase), it would be a tough choice on whether to sell the Tec's to take a run at it smile.gif

rick

Two of the many reasons Rick is tops in my book! He loves golden age and exotic cars!!!! Man after my own heart!

That's the kind of life I wanna live too grin.gif.. Oh congrats on the CGC 5.0 Rick! Did it get white pages as described by Metro?

hello all...

you too can have all this...just work 100+ hours a week for 15 straight years without so much as taking a single day vacation for 7 of those years (I did take 3 days off, easter, thanksgiving and xmas each year though), and it can all be yours smile.gif...so these days, I am taking it a little bit easier! trying to enjoy life and my family...

I believe CGC noted unrestored 5.0 off white pages, but I don't have the book in hand yet

rick

Just picked up this unrestored book. In the off-chance that someone will post that this picture belongs in the marketplace section, none of you are allowed to buy this book. If you are reading this post, you are banned from purchasing this comic book. There. No business is being conducted here.

DET1.6956a.jpg

Just picked up this unrestored book. In the off-chance that someone will post that this picture belongs in the marketplace section, none of you are allowed to buy this book. If you are reading this post, you are banned from purchasing this comic book. There. No business is being conducted here.

DET1.6956a.jpg

this low demand Poor .05 has virtually no monetary value....doesn't matter what section you list it in.....no one will want it anyway tongue.gif

DET1.6956a.jpg

hello all...

thank goodness I just got one from you smile.gif....the high prices being paid for it must be bringing out the copies!...I don't see one for sale for the first 6 months of the year, and in the past 6 months, have seen about 10!

nice looker , though! glad I can't afford another one, or I would be tempted on pure principle alone!

rick

DET1.6956a.jpg

hello all...

thank goodness I just got one from you smile.gif....the high prices being paid for it must be bringing out the copies!...I don't see one for sale for the first 6 months of the year, and in the past 6 months, have seen about 10!

nice looker , though! glad I can't afford another one, or I would be tempted on pure principle alone!

rick

Just curious. What do you think an unopened case of Detective #35s would be worth? Not that have one per se. I would just like to know.

S

Just curious. What do you think an unopened case of Detective #35s would be worth? Not that have one per se. I would just like to know.

S

How many books would be in a sealed case?

How would I know? The thing is sealed.

S

sign-funnypost.gif

well, I would venture to say a case value would be the number of book times $50,000+. Not a bad case to own. The "D" copy in F- sold for almost $18,000 recently, and that is surely due to the book, not the "D".

S

hello all...

didn't comics in the 30's and 40's come banded, like newspapers?...but, assuming a case had 100 comics, I think the value would very quickly drop to about guide (which currently says a vg/fn is worth $2400, and I just paid 5x that...the same guide says the 5.5 crippin copy that sold for $17500+ is only worth $2900)...tec 35 is a tougher book, but, as mentioned before, I searched for 6 months and did not see one copy for sale, and since the summer, I have seen 9...so, surely the price is what is driving some to market, but if too many more copies come to market, the price will surely fall...

rick

S

Then how do you know it's not full of SPAWN #1s? insane.gif

S

Then how do you know it's not full of SPAWN #1s? insane.gif

Or even worse... Spider-Girl #1