• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picture of Tec (27)-53 run

96 posts in this topic

Just picked up this unrestored book. In the off-chance that someone will post that this picture belongs in the marketplace section, none of you are allowed to buy this book. If you are reading this post, you are banned from purchasing this comic book. There. No business is being conducted here.

DET1.6956a.jpg

I don't see one for sale for the first 6 months of the year, and in the past 6 months, have seen about 10!

nice looker , though!

rick

yes....it is a beautiful copy. look how bright the whites are, and how rich the other colors are too. Rick, are you serious that you have seen about 10 Tec 35's for sale over the past 6 months? I was always under the impression that this is one of the tougher pre-Robin Tecs to find.

I don't see one for sale for the first 6 months of the year, and in the past 6 months, have seen about 10!

nice looker , though!

rick

yes....it is a beautiful copy. look how bright the whites are, and how rich the other colors are too. Rick, are you serious that you have seen about 10 Tec 35's for sale over the past 6 months? I was always under the impression that this is one of the tougher pre-Robin Tecs to find.

hello all..

yep...trust me , it is tough, as I didn't see one for about 6 months, then "BooM"...I think the 4-5X guide prices are what brought many copies out...list from my memory (might not be 100% accurate, but pretty darn close) in no particular order:

1-Heritage 3.0 ($5.5K +)

2-Ebay ext 5.5 ($2900)

3-ebay 2.5 ($5200+)

4-poor copy at SDCC (I didn't see this one, but Bob Underwood told me he sold one) $500

5-Crippin copy 5.5 ($17,500+)

6-Metro restored fn/vf ($4400 listed)

7-metro auction 5.0 (I won $12K+)

8-metro logo missing unrestored one ($750)

9-new metro Fn++ seen in this thread (call, no price listed)

that is 9, and I seem to recall one other (might have been low grade on ebay), but maybe it is 9 (close enough to 10)

rick

nice looker , though!

rick

hello all..

yep...trust me , it is tough, as I didn't see one for about 6 months, then "BooM"...I think the 4-5X guide prices are what brought many copies out...list from my memory (might not be 100% accurate, but pretty darn close) in no particular order:

1-Heritage 3.0 ($5.5K +)

2-Ebay ext 5.5 ($2900)

3-ebay 2.5 ($5200+)

4-poor copy at SDCC (I didn't see this one, but Bob Underwood told me he sold one) $500

that is 9, and I seem to recall one other (might have been low grade on ebay), but maybe it is 9 (close enough to 10)

rick

See... they're everywhere. Prices should drop like a stone considering how common they seem to be. smirk.gif

nice looker , though!

rick

hello all..

1-Heritage 3.0 ($5.5K +)

2-Ebay ext 5.5 ($2900)

3-ebay 2.5 ($5200+)

rick

See... they're everywhere. Prices should drop like a stone considering how common they seem to be. smirk.gif

Wouldn't that be great? thumbsup2.gif

Rick - I see you asked about the Fn+ at Metro - when do you decide to upgrade, buy and keep both or keep cash in reserve for a bigger purchase?

I always find when I put serious $s down even more desirable comics appear.

Buy a VG/FN and a Fine+ appears. foreheadslap.gif

Do you keep both or sell?

Collector's dilemma 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rick - I see you asked about the Fn+ at Metro - when do you decide to upgrade, buy and keep both or keep cash in reserve for a bigger purchase?

I always find when I put serious $s down even more desirable comics appear.

Buy a VG/FN and a Fine+ appears. foreheadslap.gif

Do you keep both or sell?

Collector's dilemma 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hello all...

I guess, since I am done with the run, I will always be in the upgrade mode, I mean, why not.....

I started buying "any" copy I felt was reasonably priced, to fill the hole...now, I am in the mode of upgrading restored to unrestored (again, any grade)...for example, I have a 5.5 Ext #35, now I have a 5.0 Blue (so I will eventually sell or trade the 5.5 ext)...same with the 30, I have a 9.0 Ext (reserved for Ciorac), and have recently been able to pick up a 4.0 blue (crippin copy)...tec 31, a 8.0 mod/ext (traded away to Filter), now a 5.0 blue...My goal is not to corner the market on any one issue, so I don't intentionally intend to keep multiples of any copy (except batman 300)...

with the blue upgrades, I went from a 3.0 #34, to a 5.5 #34 (you must have outbid me on the 6.5 metro copy)...have both copies, the 3.0 is available at my cost (which might be inflated on this one, since it was the last issue I needed, I overpaid to secure), to anyone that wants...with tec 29, I had a 7.0 ext (gone to Ciorac), a 7.0 mod (traded to Filter) and then a 5.5 slight (holding place in my collection, but have requests for it once I upgrade)....since I am still just a "collector" (although, I am trying to move into the sales/resell realm of GA, more to come on this), I really only want/need one copy of each for my personal collection ...so, I have just been offering to folks on the boards either for sale at my cost (no profit motive) or in a trade (to get other books I desire or deemed "resellable")....

seems like a decent strategy to me, and if a book comes up for sale, while I own multiple copies (like kept happening with the tec 29, or more recently the tec 30) I will buy a higher grade copy for my collection, and worry about selling or trading the other/under copies down the road..

rick

Rick - I see you asked about the Fn+ at Metro

it's not a fine +

It IS NOT a FN+. The book is listed on our site as a book with a spine split otherwise FN+. Do people read this and walk away thinking that we have a FN+?

Your opinions would be appreciated.

Stephen

Stephen,

your website advertises this books as, and I quote: " Grade: FN++ : 6.8 "

I understand that your description then reads "split bottom of spine O/W FN ++".

I assure you that I am not the only one who will find this confusing. Everyone on these Boards and off the Boards is going to try to predict what techinical grade CGC would assign if this book was sent to them. With this description, it is virtually impossible to accomplish this. Is it a 1" spine split making it a VG+ 4.5?, a 2" spine split making it a G/VG 3.0 ?, a split all the way to the bottom staple making it a G 2.0?.........no one knows as your description presently presents itself. I know that your " FN++ 6.8" sticks out boldly and loudly, and is the 1st thing that sticks into my mind as the grade you are assigning. How could it not be?

I believe you would have no confusion or potential buyer frustration if this book was listed as follows ( this is hypethetical - if there was a 2" spine split):

"Grade G/VG: 3.0" with the more detailed description to read " FN++ appearance, graded as 3.0 due to 2" bottom spine split"

Hope this feedback helps

Everyone on these Boards and off the Boards is going to try to predict what techinical grade CGC would assign if this book was sent to them.

true, I know that every raw book I consider purchasing, I'm thinking what grade would CGC give it.

My question wasn't whether or not you would want to know what grade CGC would give it. And to all those with that reasonable point of view - buy one that is already graded. You will have to pay more but at least the guesswork would be out of the way.

The question was whether or not the way we described the book left you with conclusion that the book was a FN+.

S

My question wasn't whether or not you would want to know what grade CGC would give it. And to all those with that reasonable point of view - buy one that is already graded. You will have to pay more but at least the guesswork would be out of the way.

The question was whether or not the way we described the book left you with conclusion that the book was a FN+.

S

hello all....

I have bought a ton of books from Metro this year, and as an experienced Metro site user, I understood their grade listing...however, Stephen, to answer your question, I do think that to the "novice" user of your site, the way it is worded does leave open some abiguity. I believe someone mentioned that you should put "vg/fn 5.0" due to "(insert defect), o/w looks VF, etc...something to that effect...the majority of your listings do clearly state your grade in that first line, so, in this particular instance, to list "Fn ++ 6.8", even with your qualifier text under it, would leave the average person to feel you are presenting the book as a 6.8, versus what you would technically grade it at. I agree that folks should buy the book, not the grade, but even with your great front cover scans, that is relatively impssible to do via the internet without having the book in front of you to inspect, so folks have to rely on your experience to get them in the "general" non cgc'd area of what the collecting community would grade the book...

rick

S

hello all....

I have bought a ton of books from Metro this year, and as an experienced Metro site user, I understood their grade listing...however, Stephen, to answer your question, I do think that to the "novice" user of your site, the way it is worded does leave open some abiguity. I believe someone mentioned that you should put "vg/fn 5.0" due to "(insert defect), o/w looks VF, etc...something to that effect...the majority of your listings do clearly state your grade in that first line, so, in this particular instance, to list "Fn ++ 6.8", even with your qualifier text under it, would leave the average person to feel you are presenting the book as a 6.8, versus what you would technically grade it at. I agree that folks should buy the book, not the grade, but even with your great front cover scans, that is relatively impssible to do via the internet without having the book in front of you to inspect, so folks have to rely on your experience to get them in the "general" non cgc'd area of what the collecting community would grade the book...

rick

Fair enough.

S

the way it is worded does leave open some abiguity. to list "Fn ++ 6.8", even with your qualifier text under it, would leave the average person to feel you are presenting the book as a 6.8

rick

With some editing to Rick's summary, you get to these 2 key scentences. I think this sums it up nicely ( at least for me )