• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phoenix Comic-Con

52 posts in this topic

I'll be in Scottsdale at a meeting that weekend....

Now that my daughter is living with me full time, I'll never have to see that town again, God willing. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Congrats on that! Do you mind me asking what's wrong with Scottsdale...other than the horrendus traffic? I don't live in AZ but I worked in Phoenix/Scottsdale for the past year...just curious.

That's because you're one of "them". I used to drive into Snottsdale every day so that the $60k a year millionaires could look down their noses at me. I'm much happier now that I'm working on the west side again. It's been 9 months since I've set foot in that city and as such I haven't been insulted due to my clothes (my business casual isn't as expensive as it could be) or car once.

I know there are nice people there, but Snottsdale has well more then it's fair share of people who can barely be called human.

That said... you making it to the con this time around?

That's because you're one of "them". I used to drive into Snottsdale every day so that the $60k a year millionaires could look down their noses at me. I'm much happier now that I'm working on the west side again. It's been 9 months since I've set foot in that city and as such I haven't been insulted due to my clothes (my business casual isn't as expensive as it could be) or car once.

I know there are nice people there, but Snottsdale has well more then it's fair share of people who can barely be called human.

That said... you making it to the con this time around?

I used to work there as well and never noticed this. Though it was back in the early 90s.

Too bad. It seemed like a nice place.

I was at the con the last time and yeah i'll be there again.. As for Snobbsdale, Snottsdale, or whatever, I could care less.. I'm blue collar through and through.. I drive a honda and live in South Scottsdale.. I'm hardly one of "them".. Granted, the majority of people living here have a high income, but your blanket stereotype is definitely off.. If someone has the balls to make a comment to me about my clothes, car, etc., then they better have a quick apology when I confront them.. That, or a good one, two, combo.. sumo.gif

On a serious note, I'm looking forward to this con again.. They had some pretty friendly dealers last time around..

I'll be in Scottsdale at a meeting that weekend....

Now that my daughter is living with me full time, I'll never have to see that town again, God willing. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I don't know much about the area of Phoenix vs Scottsdale -- but it's a heckuva lot warmer and sunnier than it is in Chicago right now so I don't care how snobby the people are.... 27_laughing.gif

I hope a Saturday night dinner will work out. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Actually, Scottsdale is a good place if you are into night life. You can find many fun bars and night clubs there. The only real drawback to the place is the heavy traffic on the surface streets. Also, due to the presence of red light running/speeding traffic lights at many intersections, you do have to make sure you drive safely. As for the west side, I never go there except for concerts or sporting events, as pretty much everywhere I want to/need to go to is in central Phoenix or the east side.