• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supes II Super Terrible!! **Some Spoilers**

14 posts in this topic

I just watched the Donner cut and I am soooooooooo glad I grew up on the original!! What a pile of *spoon*!! tongue.gif The acting was just plain bad, it skipped around alot (focusing in on something for a minute or two and then whisking away to something else and then back again) and they left out much of what made the version that did originally came out great (ie. much of the town scene was lost)! And I absolutely hated the Niagra Falls scenes where she shot Kent to find out if he was Supes...just plain doesnt have the same feel as the original! (Of course they were blanks, but still, the fire scene was alot better....)

I wish Circuit City would take this pile of *spoon* back and give me my $19.99 back! If you havent bought it yet, dont waste your money... sign-rantpost.gif

I have not seen it, but you have to remember they had to reconstruct from existing film and they were not able finish the movie they wanted. You have to judge it on what is. It is essentially a glorified fan film, not an ultimate edition of Superman II. This was going to be the original Superman II except they were going to change the ending but were not able to. Some fans like it better, some don't.

I haven't seen it yet either...

Movies have to get good reviews for my time.

I'm just too busy to waste time on some horse slop.

Make something worthy of my time - period!

sumo.gif

Well dont waste your time on this... tongue.gif

And Im saying all this as a HUGE fan of the original release of the movie (which was my pick for best superhero movie ever)...it was cool to see more of Brando though, thats the one good thing I can say 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sumo.gif

And Im saying all this as a HUGE fan of the original release of the movie (which was my pick for best superhero movie ever)...it was cool to see more of Brando though, thats the one good thing I can say 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think we all saw "more" of Brando the older he got! stooges.gif

sumo.gif

27_laughing.gif

What did they do about the Saran Wrap "S" and the teleportation ending? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

SPOILER....

There's no battle in the fortress like there is in the Lester cut. The villains start right with their "obey us or we'll kill Lois" routine.

sumo.gif

marlon_brando.jpg

I don't know what you are talking about???...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Man, I'm so disappointed now..I was looking to track it down here in Europe (as the Donner cut hasn't been released) and was hoping it would have been an even better version of an already sweet film...

Man, I'm so disappointed now..I was looking to track it down here in Europe (as the Donner cut hasn't been released) and was hoping it would have been an even better version of an already sweet film...

I bet I know someone who will send you a copy cheap.