• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will there ever appear a comic collection to surpass the Edgar Church pedigree??

95 posts in this topic

Does anyone believe that there could still be a near pristine, complete run/collection of Golden Age books undiscovered that could match or surpass the legendary Edgar Church collection? What would be the odds for another collection of that size, condition, and time period to have survived or remain unknown up until now??

Does anyone believe that there could still be a near pristine, complete run/collection of Golden Age books undiscovered that could match or surpass the legendary Edgar Church collection? What would be the odds for another collection of that size, condition, and time period to have survived or remain unknown up until now??

Simply put - NFW............... sumo.gif

22,000 books of that type and condition will NEVER happen again......... thumbsup2.gif

I've always wondered about what the family got rid of before Chuck even got there!

I believe Chuck felt the family had already thrown out thousands of issues before he ever was called as stacks of comics were missing from the basement area 893whatthe.gif.

It'd be cool if a new one came up. But I doubt it will. I think there'll probably be a trend of 'grasping for pedigree' that grows over time because of the absence of any further pedigrees of significance. (Mile High II anyone?)

That trend is already here.

If we can't find any more true pedigrees to market, we'll just make 'em! cool-smiley-008.gif

What could they have thrown out? Everything that was important[at least to us] was still there when chucky appearerd

Pulps.

If I remember Chuck's story right, there was a room in the house that was completely empty, except for a built-in book shelf full of pulps. There must have been a leak in the roof, as water had got to them, and they were all stuck together. Chuck said he couldn't help but think that the room had probably been full of pulps that Edgar's kids had dispensed with before he'd arrived.

A collection or a pedigree?

I am positive that someone out there has a very extensive collection, all stored in mylar and humidity controlled and cared for far better then Edgar did his collection. So yes, I do believe there is a collection out there to rival the Edgar Church collection.

Do I thing there is an original owner collection out there similar in size being stored in someone's spare bedroom and will be found by some kid and bought for relatively cheaply which will then be recognized as a pedigree? Not likely.

What could they have thrown out? Everything that was important[at least to us] was still there when chucky appearerd

Pulps.

If I remember Chuck's story right, there was a room in the house that was completely empty, except for a built-in book shelf full of pulps. There must have been a leak in the roof, as water had got to them, and they were all stuck together. Chuck said he couldn't help but think that the room had probably been full of pulps that Edgar's kids had dispensed with before he'd arrived.

I heard speculation that there might have been funny animal books in there as well. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there almost no humor books in the collection?