• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All it takes is two bidders who REALLY want a book!

10 posts in this topic

You mean this one?

That would be our own forum member silverandbronze, trying to complete his set - I think he only needs one now. I was gracious and let Paul know about it when I saw it and told him I wouldn't be bidding heavily. Daffy06 is trying to complete both 30 and 35 cent variant collections and just has an unbelievable comics budget tongue.gif

I'll wait til these guys get theirs before I even attempt bidding on them. Did you see the 134 variant as well ?

Looks like Darth and RobReact didn't want it that bad!

Sgt. Fury #133 .30 Variant

Ted

I was just tracking it. While I'd love to have one, since I have a soft spot for Sgt. Fury, that book isn't high on my list of price variants right now (that would be Daredevil 148 35 cent variant.) Plus as Darth pointed out it was the second- to- last book that silverandbronze needed for his run AND it's on Darth's very own 30 cent want list, so it wouldn't have been something I'd bid heavily on in any case.

What I find amazing is that both put in their rather high bids/snipes at the exact same time. 893whatthe.gif

Jim

Not amazing at all - both of them probably used sniping software that timed their bids to be put in 8 seconds before the auction ended. I've used sniping software to come in 3 seconds before.

I don't use software.....

How do you sinc the software with the eBay clock?

Jim

I use eSnipe, which is synched to the clock by them. Very easy to use and makes my life a lot easier!

Actually, I can think of at least 2 others, including Darth, who were interested but kind enough to lay low. Not an outrageous price for this book. I only know of 3 other copies, for certain, so you figure there are very few of them. Certainly a tough, tough book.

Now if only a copy of Rawhide Kid 134 would show up, that would be great.