• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JSA - can someone get me up to speed.

6 posts in this topic

So I took a break from the JSA series during the Gentlemen Ghost storyline. Actually I took a break from moderns altogether, but that's another story. My question is what the heck did I miss? I picked up JSA #1 yesterday (loved it BTW) and I was a little disoriented with the story to say the least. What happened to the team? Where's Atom Smasher?

Can somebody help me out with a cliff notes summary to get me up to speed.

basically you are as lost as we are that have been following 27_laughing.gif

They are having new members join up with the lineage of the JSA, I think the major turning point for the JSA happens during WWIII, which might take place in 52 eventually?

As far as Atom Smasher he was working with Black Adam in Kahndaq, but recently was taken into custody in the US. I believe he is working with Amanda Waller now, who wants him to infiltrate Kahndaq again.

Hope that helps a little, and maybe someone else can fill in or correct me!

So I took a break from the JSA series during the Gentlemen Ghost storyline. Actually I took a break from moderns altogether, but that's another story. My question is what the heck did I miss? I picked up JSA #1 yesterday (loved it BTW) and I was a little disoriented with the story to say the least. What happened to the team? Where's Atom Smasher?

Can somebody help me out with a cliff notes summary to get me up to speed.

Justice Society of America 1 is the JSA's "One Year Later" relaunch, so there are a number of surprises for even the up-to-speed readers since the Gentleman Ghost story was the last official JSA story and took place right after the end of Infinite Crisis (although the decision to break up was elaborated on in an issue of 52).