• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that mycomicshop.com is paying $$$s for

9 posts in this topic

Was flipping through mycomicshop.com the other day looking to see what they are paying on some modern/copper stuff I have in bulk. They have decent trade value on a bunch of the stuff & reasonable value on a lot of the common runs from the 80s. Anybody ever deal with them? Do they accept stuff in bulk (50 copies) of an issue or are they going to tell you no more than a handful of any book. Do they nitpick the grading once the books are in their hands? Good/bad experiences?

Anybody come across something they are paying top $$$ for during your searches on the site?

Just interested in opinions as I might just load up a few long boxes & get some trade credit. At least that way I can dump a bunch of stuff that is just taking up room for something I haven't read.

Thanks,

Mark

I have dealt with mycomicshop and they do not usually buy more than 5-10 of an issue. They do grade pretty fair and but will not really give you anything for shipping. That is where you get killed unless you drop the books off. You could send like 500 books and they would give you like $15 in credit for trade. I will say they have excellent customer service and will try to help or remedy any situation. If you are trading in books be aware that the books you may order will probably not be in the grade you want or as advertised. They give you leniency on the books you send them, but you get it in return. It kind of makes things counterproductive as this eliminates many books you would normally want. Overall I think they are nice people and the want list/sell list is very easy to use. Please feel free to PM me with any other questions.

The key to using Mycomicshiop is identifying which issues they are paying more for.

For instance, they are paying $10 for Flash: Iron Heights in trade.

While they are only paying $1.60 in trade for Sentry: Hulk (2001), they are paying $16 for the variant cover from the 1st series in 2000.

Like another user noted though, they generally do not take more than 5-10 copies of any particular comic or magazine.

It's a useful tool to verify some of the comics in demand though.