• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck's most recent column explains it all....

59 posts in this topic

I almost wet myself a few times reading this thread.

You guys are vicious.

goodevil.gif

I've thought about buying from Chuckie.

I never seem to get past his prices.

I don't mind paying over guide for something I'm really looking for.

But not 8 times guide for EVERYTHING I'm looking for.

If the back issue market ever crashes, I guess Chuck can always get a job as a runway model. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

or even a Col Sanders look alike...

selling buckets of chicken...

he looks to have experience in that area. I guess $10 an hour can buy an insane number of buckets. insane.gif

They must get the volume discount. makepoint.gif

You guys are vicious.....

Got a question though since everyone's making fun of the fact that Chuck's employees can make $10 an hour.

What is the standard pay for working in a comic store?

Maybe Lighthouse can chime in on how much the Goth Princess gets?

Not mocking or trying to take away from your fun....I'm genuinely curious.....

Jim

Ive come late here and Im laughing my [!@#%^&^] off too!! This is an all-star classic thread, guys. Im REALLY laughing out loud reading this stuff...and everytime that class photo pops up I break out laughing again... You know I read Chuck is like 47 years old. I swear he looks 67!!! I love the hands in pockets guy up front, too.. scary.

Next Mile High fund-raiser:

"Donate to the Chuckie's Kids Fund! Help support a $10/hour comic shop drone while bringing fulfillment and satisfaction to your own life. Did you know that a one-time $500 donation on your part can provide a Chuckie's Kid with:

- KFC buckets for an entire month!

- Downpayment on braces and other corrective apparel

- Three complete copies of Cerebus the Aardvark #169 in high grade

- A two-day, all-expenses paid trip to the desert in a non-airconditioned, shock- and strut-less U-haul minivan

- A two-year supply of Clearasil

- 12 year's worth of Overstreet Grading Guides (pleeeeez donate!)

As a small token of appreciation, Chuck Rosanski himself will send you a signed letter of authenticity, establishing the enclosed certificate of existence as one of the limited edition affadavits naming you as a recipient of Mile High's "commendation award" and generous and knowledgeable donator of American currency to the Chuckie's Kids Fund.

Act NOW - offer is limited to the first 14,500,000 respondents.

Just realized something......in the Staff Picture, Chuck is wearing the exact same outfit that he wore when he drove the "U-Haul of Death" from SD to Denver.

Chris

Chris don't be stupid.......that's not an outfit...that's Chuck's crimefighting uniform...the bolo tie is actually a bungi line with a grappling hook and the red cons enable him to run at super-speeds...the belt buckle really a secret communication computer link that enables him to stay in contact with his side-kick Captain Woodchuck at the chuckcave.

Just realized something......in the Staff Picture, Chuck is wearing the exact same outfit that he wore when he drove the "U-Haul of Death" from SD to Denver.

Chris

Chris don't be stupid.......that's not an outfit...that's Chuck's crimefighting uniform...the bolo tie is actually a bungi line with a grappling hook and the red cons enable him to run at super-speeds...the belt buckle really a secret communication computer link that enables him to stay in contact with his side-kick Captain Woodchuck at the chuckcave.

But...What's he use those red high top converses for?

Don't tell me he plays for the Nuggets during the time he has away from keeping the back issue market from crumbling.

The man is...Amazing!! insane.gif

Doesn't he know "with great power comes great responsibility?" sumo.gif

Ewwww. The chick at the bottom is Chuck's daughter. Ewww eww eww.

I just hope he didn't become a member of the "Mile High Club" with his daughter. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Bug...you continue to make me lol....Bravo! (lol)

People at work think I'm nuts for busting out laughing..."Mile High Club" indeed....

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

(Mile High Club....brought to you by the publishers of "The Hindu"....)

"Donate to the Chuckie's Kids Fund! Help support a $10/hour comic shop drone while bringing fulfillment and satisfaction to your own life.

893applaud-thumb.gif893Funny-thumb.gif

only the first 14,500,000 respondents?

Am I too late? frown.gif

"Donate to the Chuckie's Kids Fund! Help support a $10/hour comic shop drone while bringing fulfillment and satisfaction to your own life.

Am I too late? frown.gif

Not at all... I just checked with the Mile High staff, and there are still a few laying around... act fast, though - this is a limited-time offer, not available to residents of Connecticut, Florida, and many other parts of the real world...

Am I too late? frown.gif

Would it be alright if I cut out the middle man and just sent Burger King vouchers?