• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

Deadpool was good. Read it in the car waiting at the BBQ drive through. Picked up Haunt, Kill Audio, and the World War Z: Recorded attacks GN. I'll let you know how they are when I finish them up.

Damn, totally forgot about "recorded attacks"......let me know how it is Jason, and if it is worth the $17 cover price :eek:

and let me "pre-review" the book and say... it's going to be awesome bc it's based on Max Brooks WWZ, another movie that I am eagerly awaiting.

I assumed it would be awesome as well!

Ok. Riddle me this. If you plan on taking 6 months off unpaid and you are worried there may be a chance you get fired but the income is equal in both scenarios (6 months salary or 1 year EI) - is there a need for stress? hm

Edited by branget

Ok. Riddle me this. If you plan on taking 6 months off unpaid and you are worried there may be a chance you get fired but the income is equal in both scenarios (6 months salary or 1 year EI) - is there a need for stress? hm

Perhaps too unrelated to comics. Any word on the career change Jason? Or am I interrupting play time?

Edited by branget

It's all dependent on if you think you'll be able to find another job after the six months. If you think you can, then I wouldn't stress.

Perhaps too unrelated to comics. Any word on the career change Jason? Or am I interrupting play time?

not interupting, had to take a call to explain to someone why we aren't allowed to give out patient information to vendors...

All of the little tests I can find online say I either need to go into data entry or the military lol... neither of which I would ever do. So I think I'm just going to keep my head down for the next six months, work on my degree, and see whats out there when I am a few months from finishing that.

My wife really wants to try to get a transfer to her companies branch in Spain when she makes Tax Manager next year and if that happens I wont have to work at all. :shrug: Everythings up in the air right now, so it's been difficult trying to decide which career avenue to pursue.

It's all dependent on if you think you'll be able to find another job after the six months. If you think you can, then I wouldn't stress.

My current job is actually protected by law. I plan on giving my current company notice and taking paternity leave which obligates them legally to hold my position. Do you have something similar in the US?

BTW Jeff - you are getting a free corporate express notepad with that SOL book. I stuck it in the middle of it to make the envelope rigid.

Good to know. I may have felt the pressure to write. Thanks again (thumbs u

exactly!

My current job is actually protected by law. I plan on giving my current company notice and taking paternity leave which obligates them legally to hold my position. Do you have something similar in the US?

yes, the family medical leave act. it is a fed law that allows time from work due to med reasons

NO

We live in these "conservative" United States. It's the woman's job to raise the child. There's no reason the man should not be at work and with the child at home instead.

:news: These views do not necessarily represent those of the person posting them.

yes, the family medical leave act. it is a fed law that allows time from work due to med reasons

:gossip: US gov doesn't consider paternity leave as part of FMLA.

:gossip: US gov doesn't consider paternity leave as part of FMLA.

I didn't think they did :(