• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

i guess it is up to the employer if they allow paternal leave (mine does)

That's what we got over here. On both my kids I had to use my holiday allowance :mad:

Well that's a shame although I am jealous of some parts of Europe. Here each parent gets 37 weeks parental leave and the Mother gets 15 weeks pregnancy leave. Of the combined 89 weeks only 52 is supplemented by EI. I hear there are parts of Europe who make us Canadians look like workaholics.

Well that's a shame although I am jealous of some parts of Europe. Here each parent gets 37 weeks parental leave and the Mother gets 15 weeks pregnancy leave. Of the combined 89 weeks only 52 is supplemented by EI. I hear there are parts of Europe who make us Canadians look like workaholics.

I've heard that too.

J - do you have to go through all of the HIPAA training for your current company?

yep, it's sad that they had to make another "common sense" law. you would have thought people wouldve known this prior to 1996.

There's a new one coming down the pipe for next year that is like the HIPAA on steroids law. I can't remember the name of it right now, but I'm already having to go through all my data systems to make sure we are compliant. And you are right about people should know.

Little HIPAA fact for you. Legally, because of HIPAA, I cannot look at my own medical records while I'm at work (caveat being that I work at the same healthcare system that I get my healthcare from). I have to fill out all of the same paperwork as if I wanted someone else to look at them, but specify myself as a permitted party. How smart is that?

That makes 2 of us. He acted like he was doing me a favour selling me the comic. Before the money was sent he could mail it next day. After money was sent he could "probably" mail it in the next couple of days.

i think with the amounts 9.9 & 10 go for, i'm going to stick with 9.4-9.8. i can barely afford 9.8 books now.

I was hoping by limiting my purchases to 9.8 SS, 9.9 or 10.0 that it would decrease my purchases. So far this has had little effect.

Edited by branget