• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise presents a Toronto Comic Book Fan SuperShow on Sunday March 25, 2007

90 posts in this topic

See you guys there tomorrow! My girlfriend and I booked at room at the hotel!

Word to the wise-- don't eat breakfast downstairs in the restaraunt. The breakfast buffet isn't very good and the price is somewhat shocking (and I'm not cheap when I stay at hotels.)

mad.gifsorry.gif Dang, I had to miss this one... today just wasn't a good day for a road-trip for me. Will y'all be @ the big show in April? CGC drop-offs at that show too, perhaps? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Golly, not I'm really jonesin' for a Comic Show now! frustrated.gif

So, how was it? Go ahead, rub it in... tell me it was fantastic... <ugh> crazy.gif

Will y'all be @ the big show in April? CGC drop-offs at that show too, perhaps? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Next Paradise show is in June. I believe there will not be a CGC drop-off at the April show, but there will be one for the June Paradise show.

The show had a decent turnout, quite steady until 2:00 anyway. I was able to find a few of the books that I collect. I ended up getting some pretty good deals, and some from our very own Cylone Comics. (Thanks John) 893applaud-thumb.gif

I wish that there were more dealers, the venue was big enough to fit another 5 or 6 dealers. confused-smiley-013.gif But a show is a show, and that's the great things about shows. thumbsup2.gif

Andy

I totally missed the Cyclone booth and I looked for it. Did CycloneComics get there late or am I a dufus? (Or both?)

Was a good show. Got to meet a few forumites which was great.

Also got some good deals on some complete runs.

Definitely looking forward to the next show.

i got my 1st two cgc books from cyclone today. im a huge rocketeer fan and pooped when i saw starslayer # 2 (9.2) and starslayer #3 (9.4).....FOR TEN DOLLARS EACH!!!!!!!

Wow, sounds like some cool CGCs for a great price -- you can't go wrong! thumbsup2.gif

Now I am sad-sad that I couldn't be there too... sorry.gifflamed.gif

My girlfriend and I had fun! Met Kevin Boyd, r170d, and Beyonder! Sorry if I missed some of you other guys.

I picked up a IH 330 (1st McFarlane) $15 and a ASM #36 for $40. PLUS, I got a sweet OA of Galactus from Dave Ross from his Worlds Greatest for $80. I'll post it tonight in the OA forum.

My show report:

Yesterday's Toronto Comic Book Fan SuperShow went very well. Great crowds (I won't know the total head count for a couple of days). Everyone seemed happy. Everyone was in high spirits and in a great mood. Thanks everyone who came out! Thanks to all of the volunteers that helped it go smoothly... you know who you are.

I didn't really make much at my table, but I only brought 4 long boxes of recent releases, one box of mini-busts and two boxes of Signature Series books. I did sell a CGC SS 9.6 ASM Vol. 2 35. Cleared out about 3/4 of a long box of recent books, mostly during the last hour of the con when I reduced them to 1/2 Canadian cover or 1/2 sticker price if they were priced higher. Sold a lot of Bendis/Maleev Daredevils to one guy.

It was great to meet forum members Rodey and Rob_Allan for the first time. Saw the usual suspects Cyclone_Comics, Beyonder, AlexH, Jason_Truong, Irchooker, mitol, comicfreak, 1,000,000_comics.

What was with the pre-teen modelling convention over at the next hall? Wrong on all counts.

Got a few books signed by Cameron Stewart and Karl Kerschl for Signature Series. Cameron did a great Wildcat head sketch on my Catwoman 20.

Worked out something with Ramon Perez for the June Comicon that should be pretty cool for everyone who participates in the show.

Recently, a local collector passed away, and some friends were selling his trade paperback and hardcover collection at 1/2 off Canadian cover at the show. What was scary from my perspective was that this guy had almost identical collecting habits as I do. From that collection I ended up getting:

Miracleman: Apocrypha

Ian Fleming's James Bond 007: Permission to Die

Spider-Man: The Cosmic Adventures

Spider-Man vs. Doctor Doom

My friend Peter sold me the X-Men: Deadly Genesis HC for $10. And from Joe Shuster Award nominated cartoonist Rob Walton I FINALLY got a copy of the Ragmop graphic novel for myself. (Too bad he signed it -- "For Peter"... D'oh!

Another local named Wes brough a ton of dvds to sell, but I didn't get a chance to peruse his collection until late in the afternoon, so I picked up "Employee of the Month" for $5. I'll get my money back on that if it's as bad as I'm expecting it to be.

Oh yeah... one last thing I got at the show... picked up from Y the cover to Thunderbolts 101 by Tom Grummett. Another kissing cover for my collection. Original is all pencil (no inks) as Marvel is shooting all of Tom's art directly from pencil originals and digitally inking/colouring them.

tbolts101.jpg

I'll be making some announcements soon. Need to get up and get to work at my regular job.

Was nice to finally meet you as well!

The preteen modeling thing was kinda creepy. Sadly, I went to another show when I was first living up here that had some sort of preteen dance competition where girls were all dolled up in their finest objectionable clothing. I shouldn't say preteen those girls were pre-preteen. I really felt like going to kick some parental *spoon* at that one.

It seems like 50 percent of the shows I've gone to have had something like that. Was starting to think it was on purpose. lol

*shudder*

I noticed everyone was in good spirits as well. That seems to be a sure sign of a Paradise show.

Hopefully I can catch everyone I missed at the next one, but it was good forumites got out regardless.

Those girls were hardly preteen, that gentleman is a sign that we are getting old. They were definitley 14-17 years old , and we were just as immature when we were in high school too...we just didn't know it smile.gif

Show was great, almost pulled the trigger on a slightly restored NM copy of ASM #14, but Beyonder talked me out it. In hindsight he was right.

Jim

Those girls were hardly preteen, that gentleman is a sign that we are getting old. They were definitley 14-17 years old , and we were just as immature when we were in high school too...we just didn't know it smile.gif

There were many around that were definitely under that age range. I would say, 8-17. Either way, it's still just so wrong.

Show was great, almost pulled the trigger on a slightly restored NM copy of ASM #14, but Beyonder talked me out it. In hindsight he was right.

Jim

You guys aren't old..

The rest of the world is spooned up insane.gif

I was at the show for a couple hours. Too bad I missed out on meeting fellow forum members here. I'm still pretty new, but I'm getting into the comicon scene now, so I hope to become a familiar face in the future.

I saw that fashion thing going on too. I was with my girlfriend, and when that was the first thing we saw, we both thought we must have had the wrong floor or something. Luckily, I looked passed the girls and saw the entrance to the show. *whew*

Of the comics that I bought, something really cool that I managed to get was a x2 signed issue of Uncanny X-Men 268 (Cap, Wolverine and Black Widow on cover) signed by Jim Lee and Chris Claremont smile.gif

I hope to meet some of you guys at the next show in Toronto. how many people from the area are there on these boards?

I want to thank all who bought books from me at the show: thirdgreenham Andy you got a really good deal on those war books, nickwire like I told you they were in the box for almost a year and I don`t know why they hadn`t sold sooner I can at least say I broke your CGC cherry(can I say that) ,eccomic if you want to resell that book its ok with me if you know what I mean,rob_allan I saw you walk by a few times and wondered if the Cyclone Comic Books on my shirt wasn`t big enough, r1970d Roy don`t you still owe me 2 bucks. Jim my brother almost pulled the trigger on the Batman #4 with the Exxxxxxxxteeeeeennnsssssivvvvveee Restoration from the same guy.I talked him out of it .

It was one of the best 1 day shows in a long time, like Andy said it didn`t let up until about 2:00

Thanks again

John

I was at the show for a couple hours. Too bad I missed out on meeting fellow forum members here. I'm still pretty new, but I'm getting into the comicon scene now, so I hope to become a familiar face in the future.

I saw that fashion thing going on too. I was with my girlfriend, and when that was the first thing we saw, we both thought we must have had the wrong floor or something. Luckily, I looked passed the girls and saw the entrance to the show. *whew*

Of the comics that I bought, something really cool that I managed to get was a x2 signed issue of Uncanny X-Men 268 (Cap, Wolverine and Black Widow on cover) signed by Jim Lee and Chris Claremont smile.gif

I hope to meet some of you guys at the next show in Toronto. how many people from the area are there on these boards?

Oh man, nice! How did I miss that!

I want to thank all who bought books from me at the show: thirdgreenham Andy you got a really good deal on those war books, nickwire like I told you they were in the box for almost a year and I don`t know why they hadn`t sold sooner I can at least say I broke your CGC cherry(can I say that) ,eccomic if you want to resell that book its ok with me if you know what I mean,rob_allan I saw you walk by a few times and wondered if the Cyclone Comic Books on my shirt wasn`t big enough, r1970d Roy don`t you still owe me 2 bucks. Jim my brother almost pulled the trigger on the Batman #4 with the Exxxxxxxxteeeeeennnsssssivvvvveee Restoration from the same guy.I talked him out of it .

It was one of the best 1 day shows in a long time, like Andy said it didn`t let up until about 2:00

Thanks again

John

I was afraid that was gonna happen. I was looking for like a sign or something I guess. And on top of that I wrote a list of what everyone would be wearing etc. which promptly stayed in my wife's purse the whole time. So obviously that didn't work out. DUH

Well, hopefully you'll do a show here in the future where I can catch ya.

I was afraid that was gonna happen. I was looking for like a sign or something I guess. And on top of that I wrote a list of what everyone would be wearing etc. which promptly stayed in my wife's purse the whole time. So obviously that didn't work out. DUH

Well, hopefully you'll do a show here in the future where I can catch ya.

Rob just kidding I never saw you I don`t even know what you look like hi.gif

John