• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I want more of Grant Morrison's A.S.S.! (#6)

25 posts in this topic

#6 was great! 'perfect' issue- I love how the whole thing is tying together. thumbsup2.gif

God, how right you are...this is insanely well done. Just the best book and I look forward to each issue. I am even buying multiple copies just to try and get more goodness out of it 27_laughing.gif

Having quit buying floppies (in lieu of buying trades) this is the one title I just can't force myself to wait for. I kept asking myself how and why he was doing a flashback issue- then at the end I kicked myself in the spoon for not guessing the twist. So obvious. So perfect.

Note the SPOILER

'victim' in the restaurant aging from panel to panel. Quitely is really doing a great job of not wasting a single pen stroke on this title. Everything is so purposeful.

What book you guys talking about?

All Star Superman- morrison is a genius. this book is everything you thought a superman book could never be- brilliant stuff.

Now that #6 is out they can release the hardcover.

I enjoyed #6 quite a bit, my only complaint being that I'm not really pleased about seeing the DC One Million Superman again - it's seemed a little too "Aztek" for me... a Morrison concept that didn't "fly" being revived to suit the writer's own purposes.

It really strikes me with this issue how closely a lot of the ideas resemble Alan Moore's Supreme series.

What book you guys talking about?

All Star Superman- morrison is a genius. this book is everything you thought a superman book could never be- brilliant stuff.

Now that #6 is out they can release the hardcover.

I enjoyed #6 quite a bit, my only complaint being that I'm not really pleased about seeing the DC One Million Superman again - it's seemed a little too "Aztek" for me... a Morrison concept that didn't "fly" being revived to suit the writer's own purposes.

It really strikes me with this issue how closely a lot of the ideas resemble Alan Moore's Supreme series.

amusingly, I did the cover designs fo DC 1Million hi.gif IIRC, it ended up being the best selling comic of the year (?) but anyway, I thought it was really good. Agree on Aztek.

and, your right about the similarity to Supreme.

ok, so I picked up issue #6 yesterday and read it last night, and .....eh,. I didn't think it was as good as issue #5 (Lex Luthor ish), I loved #5 and have read it 3 times since...

this one (#6), started out great, then got a little weird and sorta confusing as I couldn't see where the story was going or why........ (SPOILER AHEAD)............................................

the 3 new farmhands were there,.. it was all cleared up in the end, but for whatever reason I didn't enjoy this issue as much as the previous 1-5.

it's not bad, just didn't excite me. but I'll still keep with it til the end..

a little weird and sorta confusing as I couldn't see where the story was going or why

if your avatar is any indication, the Dude is easily confused. poke2.gif

I think I got it,.. confused-smiley-013.gif with Morrison I know I have to read extra slow,. insane.gif but it just didn't thrill me like some of the previous issues... confused-smiley-013.gif

man can someone please explain what 6 was about. i just didn't get it. i love the series so far but just couldn't figure it out. i did read it very late at night. that may have something to do with it. sorry.gif