• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wanted to share some of my Walking Dead collection...

509 posts in this topic

I got a #1 in CGC 9.6 last night for $100. I figured it was a good deal because raw copies are selling for $70-80 and 9.8 copies go for anywhere from $150-200. Any way, I'm happy to have a copy. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great Brian, that's not a bad price at all, congrats 893applaud-thumb.gif

I sold my undercopy last year, CGC 9.6 for $150, so I think you did very well thumbsup2.gif

Aaargh. I sold my run for a great price back in June so I could afford to keep my page of art from #2. This thread is making me want to buy them back. Have you seen that European book floating around anywhere? The cover is nice...

Aaargh. I sold my run for a great price back in June so I could afford to keep my page of art from #2. This thread is making me want to buy them back. Have you seen that European book floating around anywhere? The cover is nice...

Original Art from Issue #2 893whatthe.gifhail.gif Wow, have a pic?

Also, which European book are you talking about?

I was talking about your variant issue #1 in your original post. That's a really sweet book that I hadn't seen before!

Here's the #2 page - the middle panel is also the back cover of the issue. I had posted it on the boards a while ago, but it can't hurt to toss it back up.

twd2p12.jpg

I was talking about your variant issue #1 in your original post. That's a really sweet book that I hadn't seen before!

Here's the #2 page - the middle panel is also the back cover of the issue. I had posted it on the boards a while ago, but it can't hurt to toss it back up.

twd2p12.jpg

That's awesome! Where did you find it? It's a great page. It's actually one I always think about when it comes to The Walking Dead. I thought the horse was going to be around for a while....nope.

That's awesome! Where did you find it? It's a great page. It's actually one I always think about when it comes to The Walking Dead. I thought the horse was going to be around for a while....nope.

Thanks! I bought it from Tony back when he still had the best pages. Actually he still has some nice stuff, but he does price agressively. www.tonymooreillustration.com - you can email his rep from there if you want the current list.

I paid $285 for this page back in November of 2004(!) It would go for more than that now obviously, but at the time I thought I was flushing cash 27_laughing.gif

Thanks! I bought it from Tony back when he still had the best pages. Actually he still has some nice stuff, but he does price agressively. www.tonymooreillustration.com - you can email his rep from there if you want the current list.

I paid $285 for this page back in November of 2004(!) It would go for more than that now obviously, but at the time I thought I was flushing cash 27_laughing.gif

I'm totally jealous. The Walking Dead is hands down my favorite book. I kick myself for starting so late in the game with issue #25. I think I read the first 4 trades within a couple days. Couldn't stop.

Congrats on the buy!

893whatthe.gif Wow, great page!!!! hail.gif VERY Jealous!!!!!

As far as the Serbian comic, I had an extra and sold it on ebay...poo....if you're interested in one, I can try to get back in touch with the person I met from serbia to see if he can grab another for me...

Here is a better scan of it, as well as the other alternate covers I picked up:

WD1Variant.jpg

WD2Variant.jpg

WD2Variant2.jpg

WD3Variant.jpg

WD4Variant.jpg

WD5Variant.jpg

WD10Variant.jpg

WD10Variant2.jpg

As far as the Serbian comic, I had an extra and sold it on ebay...poo....if you're interested in one, I can try to get back in touch with the person I met from serbia to see if he can grab another for me...

WD1Variant.jpg

WD2Variant.jpg

WD2Variant2.jpg

WD3Variant.jpg

WD4Variant.jpg

WD5Variant.jpg

WD10Variant.jpg

WD10Variant2.jpg

Those are really neat. The covers look like another Artist's interpretation of the inside art. Wierd. But really cool.

Those are really neat. The covers look like another Artist's interpretation of the inside art. Wierd. But really cool.

thumbsup2.gif Yep, they're strange, but very cool and I love owning them!

It's quite interesting that they chose the variant cover to #10 to be a black and white version of the US cover for that issue

Thanks! Don't go out of your way, but if you happen to stumble into a copy of #1 or #2, hit me up with a PM thumbsup2.gif

Thanks! Don't go out of your way, but if you happen to stumble into a copy of #1 or #2, hit me up with a PM thumbsup2.gif

Sure thing thumbsup2.gif

The WD is the only series I read....And I was fortunate enough to have grabbed this from another art collector....It' s the cover art to the Omnibus HC book that reprints 1-24. -

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiec...&Style=Text

893whatthe.gif WOW! That is an AWESOME piece! hail.gif Congrats, I'm insanely jealous 893applaud-thumb.gif

The WD is the only series I read....And I was fortunate enough to have grabbed this from another art collector....It' s the cover art to the Omnibus HC book that reprints 1-24. -

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiec...&Style=Text

Really cool. And check out the Sean Phillips Marvel Zombies pages. No a bad price at all for $300. I might have to think about those.