• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st appearence of Black Spidey costume is not MTU 141 or ASM 252 or MSHSW 8!

8 posts in this topic

Wonder if this will have everyone running to their LCS searching for this back issue, with the upcomming Spider-Man 3 movie? Oh, and the date of the Marvel Age #12 issue is March.

There's a lot of Marvel Age on ebay that includes #12 for .99 plus $5.50 s/h with no bids, wonder if someone bids on it so the seller can't change the listing within the next hour?

This appears in one of the recent Essential Spider-man issues but dates back to 1968 as a prelim page for ASM annual 5. Note the costume in the upper left looks almost like a prelim version of venom costume 16 years later. (though beyond the similarity there's no compelling reason to think it's the actual basis for venom costume it's still intriguing.

. ASMAnnual5pin-upprelimart.jpg

I posted this in the other thread, but worth mentioning again!

I watched the Spider-Man Origins DVD and they talk all about the red and black Spidey suit...reason they didn't go with it...

When printing it the colors mixed together so they opted for white instead of red. And as time went on, they black suit became a black and blue suit to show off more of the way Spidey's body moves. With solid black, it just didn't work!

carcrawfordfan pointed out in the Copper Age forum, I've verified it...

Thought this one was interesting enough to put in the General forum...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=0#Post1566251 acclaim.gif

That's almost as lame as the people that say Web Of Spider-Man # 18 is the first appearance of Venom foreheadslap.gif

Yeah, or that Action 251 is the first Supergirl just because the next issue blurb has her picture. Not sure this changes anything.