• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World con dates for '07 & '08

33 posts in this topic

I was looking through Wizard #184, ( I didn't buy it, it was given to me by a fellow comic buddy after he was finished reading it.) and in it they list their con dates for 2007 & 2008, and I noticed that the dates are quite different from 2007 to 2008. here's the schedule they list::

2007:

WW Los Angeles, March 16-18, 2007

WW Philadelphia, June 15-17, 2007

WW Chicago, Aug 9-12, 2007

WW Texas, Nov. 2-4, 2007

2008:

WW Los Angeles, April 12-14, 2008

WW Philadelphia, May 29-June 1, 2008

WW Chicago, June 26-29, 2008

WW Texas, Nov. 7-9, 2008

with San Diego usually happening in late July, I'm wondering what affects (if any) that will have on dealers..

WW Chicago has been moved up by a full month from August to June in 2008,. which would put it before San Diego in 2008,.. so I guess I will finally be able to beat nearmint to the GA Action Comics for once cloud9.gif

I am seriously considering going to this show

I'll be there....certainly the Thursday night and all day Friday. yay.gif

headbang.gif What about saturday 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I think thats when I am going

headbang.gif What about saturday 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I think thats when I am going

Naw, on the way to Maine first thing Saturday morning... frown.gif

Naw, on the way to Maine first thing Saturday morning... frown.gif

Aw Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike?, Im going to do my best to try and make it then

I was looking through Wizard #184, ( I didn't buy it, it was given to me by a fellow comic buddy after he was finished reading it.) and in it they list their con dates for 2007 & 2008, and I noticed that the dates are quite different from 2007 to 2008. here's the schedule they list::

You were just looking at it for the articles, right? poke2.gif

2007:

2008:

WW Chicago has been moved up by a full month from August to June in 2008,. which would put it before San Diego in 2008,.. so I guess I will finally be able to beat nearmint to the GA Action Comics for once cloud9.gif

Cool, thanks for the info. I actually like the Chicago Con earlier in the summer, as you point out we get to see dealer stock before they hit San Diego. 893applaud-thumb.gif

A few years ago The Chicago Con was the July 4th weekend, so I guess they move the dates around quite a bit. Hey, now we get 2 Chicago Cons in the next 18 months. yay.gif

2007:

2008:

Cool, thanks for the info. I actually like the Chicago Con earlier in the summer, as you point out we get to see dealer stock before they hit San Diego. 893applaud-thumb.gif

A few years ago The Chicago Con was the July 4th weekend, so I guess they move the dates around quite a bit. Hey, now we get 2 Chicago Cons in the next 18 months. yay.gif

you know it buddy ! you should try to make the Chicago forum dinner next year, it was a great time.. grin.gif

WW Chicago has been moved up by a full month from August to June in 2008,. which would put it before San Diego in 2008,.. so I guess I will finally be able to beat nearmint to the GA Action Comics for once.

But I'll see them two months prior to Chicago in LA... shy.gif

2007:

WW Los Angeles, March 16-18, 2007

WW Texas, Nov. 2-4, 2007

2008:

WW Los Angeles, April 12-14, 2008

WW Philadelphia, May 29-June 1, 2008

WW Texas, Nov. 7-9, 2008

with San Diego usually happening in late July, I'm wondering what affects (if any) that will have on dealers..

I'm not sure I understand the benefits of moving Chicago so close to Philly, but I do understand why it has been moved up from 2 weeks after San Diego, as evidenced by the burnout a lot of people who did both events were clearly showing. Personally I think they would have been better off going in the opposite direction and moving later into the summer.

But I'm glad that Wizard has announced their convention dates so far in advance for a couple of reasons. Of course, it is helpful for me in planning my own convention schedule for 2008 - especially with New York moving to April in 2008 the spring is going to be particularly tight, schedule-wise, but I think this could avoid any potential problems like this year's WW Philly/Heroes overlap.

April to June 2008 will see WWLA, Pittsburgh, New York, Dallas, Motor City Detroit, SuperCon Oakland, Wizard World Philly, Paradise Toronto, Heroes Charlotte and now Wizard World Chicago - potentially 10 major conventions in 12 weeks - with 2 definite weekends off for Easter and Mother's Day. Traditionally I've been at 8 of the 10 conventions but there's just no way I can do that many so close together and still maintain my real job and I know a few dealers that are going to be in the same boat. I'll likely still go to the three Wizard Worlds and New York --- perhaps Pittsburgh (provided there's no overlap) and Motor City as they are in driving distance, and my own, provided we stick to a June date (which was a popular decision here). That's still 7 conventions in 12 weeks. I'll be dead tired by July 1. Regrettably Charlotte is already out of my convention plans this year by being scheduled the same weekend as Wizard World Philly, which I am obligated to attend because it is a big Signature Series show.

At least by knowing this far in advance we can weigh the pros and cons and make counter plans, as there's now a big void after San Diego with only a few shows between August and November. Perhaps this void will be filled at some point with the once scrapped Wizard World Atlanta.

Baltimore. thumbsup2.gif
Im thinking about that one too if I have some extra funds at the time. Silverandbronze told me this is a good show and baltimore is nice so 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Baltimore is a GREAT show, amazing guest list. The 2007 Guest of Honor is pretty damn good. I strongly urge that you get hotel reservations early, however, as hotels get filled up early - the Orioles are playing Boston and there will be a big contingent of Bosox fans.