• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your most obnoxious encounter with a non collector.

60 posts in this topic

The only story I have is from a customer. He had a date over to his house and she saw his action figures and his comics and she kept making comments about how can he read them, he's an adult, comics are for kids, etc. At some point she went to the bathroom so he had a minute alone. A few minutes later there was a car horn honking outside. "Your cab is here," he said. He then put her in the cab and paid the fare and she was hopping mad.

Marc

The only story I have is from a customer. He had a date over to his house and she saw his action figures and his comics and she kept making comments about how can he read them, he's an adult, comics are for kids, etc. At some point she went to the bathroom so he had a minute alone. A few minutes later there was a car horn honking outside. "Your cab is here," he said. He then put her in the cab and paid the fare and she was hopping mad.

Marc

She clearly wasn't very bright; he was never likely to put out after she'd ridiculed his stuff - items he obviously thought enough of to display. It's right there in Dating 101. Slightly amusing is that the guy then told other people the story - I guess you were in comics too so you'd understand. tongue.gif

There was a story I read here about someone buying a comic for about 2 bucks from a dealer who had annoyed them, perhaps by not letting them handle his valuable Image comics, and then tearing it in half in front of him. Pretty obnoxious all round!

I avoid such encounters by not mentioning my collection and treating it as my secret shame. Some people drink alone...I buy Archies.

There was a story I read here about someone buying a comic for about 2 bucks from a dealer who had annoyed them, perhaps by not letting them handle his valuable Image comics, and then tearing it in half in front of him. Pretty obnoxious all round!

it was a dealer getting frustrated with a guy asking about Secret Wars 7 - and how the copy the dealer was selling was overpriced because of a myriad of tiny flaws. the dealer, who had already offered it to the guy for like 1/4 of guide, took the book as if to examine it, then tore it in two, and asked the guy how much he thought it was worth in that condition

It just came to me at work, who do you guys consider a civilian? All you pukes are civies to me, so who does a civilian consider to be a civilian?
gossip.gifPukes is not a word.

yes it is puke

I'm sure all of the board members enjoyed being called pukes. You've got a way with words. screwy.gif

It just came to me at work, who do you guys consider a civilian? All you pukes are civies to me, so who does a civilian consider to be a civilian?

There are plenty of people on the boards who are active or prior service (including myself). I certainly used the term "pukes", and "leg", when I was in the Army speaking with other soldiers, but you're on a non-military board here and folks here might not take kindly to your copping an attitude. So chill out, dude. flowerred.gif

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

They call me Mr. Puke... grin.gif

You guys take things too seriously, in no way was i serious when I called you all pukes. So chill out dirty nasty legs poke2.gif

Dirty Nasty Legs. I think I'll change my name to that. Sounds kinda kinky. I'll try it out on the wife tonight and see if it works.

You guys take things too seriously, in no way was i serious when I called you all pukes. So chill out dirty nasty legs poke2.gif

Dirty Nasty Legs. I think I'll change my name to that. Sounds kinda kinky. I'll try it out on the wife tonight and see if it works.

See somebody gets my humor, although using dirty nasty legs in the bedroom sounds kinda wrong. Don't be surprised if she gives you a nice kick in the dirty nasty gonads

See somebody gets my humor, although using dirty nasty legs in the bedroom sounds kinda wrong. Don't be surprised if she gives you a nice kick in the dirty nasty gonads

Spoken like a 5-jump chump.