• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Thor #126

14 posts in this topic

Well, a Fair seems a bit harsh even with the detached cover. I'll say 2.5. Looks more like 3.0, but pieces missing at staples.

i would be angry if someone sold this to me as a 2.5 with the cover detached!

I agree. 1.8.

Well, a Fair seems a bit harsh even with the detached cover. I'll say 2.5. Looks more like 3.0, but pieces missing at staples.

I agree. I accidently did that recently. Sorry Jeff! I would grade that book and this one a 1.8.

Fair enough...and I'd be angry too, if the defect weren't disclosed. confused-smiley-013.gif

OS Guide states that a 2.0 book can have a detached cover, as well as lots of other defects. This has a detached cover, but looks more like a VG than a Good. I can see a straight 2.0, but I'm surprised you guys would drop it below that.

I agree. I accidently did that recently. Sorry Jeff! I would grade that book and this one a 1.8.

1.8 sounds more reasonable. To me the book is borderline incomplete with the cover detached thus the 1.0 grade i originally gave it-i am pretty consistent there if you buy a book with cover detached from me expect it to be graded no higher than 1.5. -i wonder how CGC would grade this one being as it doesn't get a golden age bump! i think they have graded some rare books like action 1 a 2.0/2.5 with cover detached but i strongly believe CGC has an undisclosed policy that all books are not created equal!

For me, a completely detached cover is an extremely serious defect on par with a missing coupon, deep sub-crease or brittle pages. Any of those automatically preclude a book from being added to my collection. I don't necessarily mind lower grade comics, but some defects I hate more than others...

i actually don't mind missing coupons at all provided they don't affect the story. I have several copies with this defect and truth to be told i never even notice it! The insane discounts that come with it are pretty cool! But hey i am a comic reader first and a collector second!

Actually this one is in really nice condition, except...

This is sarcasm, right?!

Yes, it was sarcasm..

But it really isn't in bad condition if you disclose (as I did) that the cover is detached. If there piece at the staple was still attached as well as the cover, I would think it's maybe a 5.5.

Thanks guys for the grades...