• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guys post your action 1

87 posts in this topic

Oh yeah thats right. That has to be one of the happiest days of your life. An increase of a full grade on the most expensive comic. Today what would be the difference in dollar value between a 5.5 and 6.5??

I wish but that was not The case. I bought it as a 6.5....It was the seller who reeped the benefits of it at the time. When I saw it I did agree that it was a 6.5 so I made the purchase.When It was sold by Heritage in 2002 the buzz going around the room was that the book looked better than a 5.5 which mostly everyone thought at the time. I did not win it at Heritage.When I got a second chance[at a higher grade], I just went for it. I thought to myself this is probably the highest grade Action 1 that will ever come to market in your lifetime so you better just go for it and I did.

Its hard to say the price difference between 5.5 and 6.5 .You have to understand that for a comicbook that is mid grade, but for an Action #1 that is High grade because there is only 1 copy better than 6.5 on the census. The 7.5 has work on it even though in a blue label] Of all known copies the book is the 5th best copy as told to me by D.A. So at these levels 5.5 and 6.5 it can be anything.Its uncharted country. And to add to it the 4.0 esquire sale at 200k put a wrench in the numbers.

I mean if a 4.0 is 200k, than what is a 5.5 and 6.5.

Its hard to say the price difference between 5.5 and 6.5 .You have to understand that for a comicbook that is mid grade, but for an Action #1 that is High grade because there is only 1 copy better than 6.5 on the census. The 7.5 has work on it even though in a blue label] Of all known copies the book is the 5th best copy as told to me by D.A. So at these levels 5.5 and 6.5 it can be anything.Its uncharted country. And to add to it the 4.0 esquire sale at 200k put a wrench in the numbers.

I mean if a 4.0 is 200k, than what is a 5.5 and 6.5.

Not sure what you paid but I assume you would make out bid if you wanted to sell the book tomorrow

There's "rusty staples" and there's "staples with some rust on them". For the latter, I've seen multiple copies with that defect that have been graded 8.5 to 9.2 by CGC.

Add'l Note: This grading standard for rusty staples by CGC goes back to small number labels -- it's not new.