• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So... anyone else got pneumonia?

18 posts in this topic

Man, I don't get sick very often. But I have been completely laid waste by pneumonia. Spent the last two days in bed. Sweats. Fever. Lost 4 pounds! I wake up, and it feels like someone is sitting on my chest (and not in the good way.)

Today's another day of bed rest. I should be back on the go tomorrow.

Went into the doc for some anti-biotics, and he told me that this is turning into a very bad season in North America for flu, cold, and pneumonia. Certainly, it's bad here where I live.

Anyone noticing the same thing in their towns? Or is it just us lucky folks in St. John's, Newfoundland.

Shep

Sounds terrible, havent had pheunomia in 8 years 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If it helps, i have a bad case of hangovers after hitting some bars yesterday evening, and this morning i also felt like someone was sitting on my chest... but then again she actually did insane.gif

sorry.gif

My mother in law came out to visit, and came down with pneumonia + bronchitis. My daughter and wife were sick for a couple of weeks with colds. I had a cold that stayed with me for about 6 weeks. The doctor told us the same thing: it's been a particularly nasty flu season.

Influenza around here. One of my girls at work brought it in from her kids,

two of my asst mgrs snagged it, passed it on to the delivery dept, they

gave it to some of the counter help, I finally got it a little over a week ago.

NO amount of Lysol, clorox bleach, fresh dixie cups etc, seemed to slow

it down, but I do have one of the cleanest and freshest auto parts stores around.

Albeit probably the next place to have a form of flu named after them.

My doc euphemistically referred to it as 'walking pneumonia'... gonna make me sick, tired and miserable, but I can get up to eat, drink, etc.

I've been reading the Unknown Soldier Showcase while I've been on the recupe. Great way to get better.

Shep

Man, I don't get sick very often. But I have been completely laid waste by pneumonia. Spent the last two days in bed. Sweats. Fever. Lost 4 pounds! I wake up, and it feels like someone is sitting on my chest (and not in the good way.)

Today's another day of bed rest. I should be back on the go tomorrow.

Went into the doc for some anti-biotics, and he told me that this is turning into a very bad season in North America for flu, cold, and pneumonia. Certainly, it's bad here where I live.

Anyone noticing the same thing in their towns? Or is it just us lucky folks in St. John's, Newfoundland.

Shep

After getting it in 1982 for the third time, and after smoking for ten years, I finally gave up smoking and haven't had it since.

It will pretty much wipe you out for a week or two.

Good luck to you. If you smoke - give it up. Hope you get better soon.

I've been reading the Unknown Soldier Showcase while I've been on the recupe. Great way to get better.

Shep

thumbsup2.gif

Here in CT we have an abundance of colds but the flu seems to be staying away in my world. Of course I work in a hospital and they offer flu shots to employees every year.

I woke up on Christmas day with a cold but it didn't last very long.

A bit off-topic maybe, but when I was 18 I had tuberculosis - my weight went down to seven and a half stone (just over 100 pounds) and my hands became partially paralysed, with the little fingers sticking out at angles like half a Spock gesture. I also developed jaundice because the first antibiotics I was on were incompatible with some other medication I was taking. Once that was straightened out I got over the worst very rapidly - my appetite came back all of a sudden, and for a week or two I'd do things like sit down with a plate of crackers and cheese and then feel like more, till I'd ended up devouring the whole boxful. But it was something like six months before I really felt like myself again, and I was on antibiotics for a full year.

I wake up, and it feels like someone is sitting on my chest (and not in the good way.)

My doc euphemistically referred to it as 'walking pneumonia'... gonna make me sick, tired and miserable, but I can get up to eat, drink, etc.

Ahhh... "the good way"! Seriously, I'm under the weather too lately -- it's our wishy-washy weather here in Western NY <ugh>. Maybe the "good way" would clear you right up... I know it would work wonders for me! poke2.gif Get well soon, Shep.

Sounds terrible, havent had pheunomia in 8 years 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If it helps, i have a bad case of hangovers after hitting some bars yesterday evening, and this morning i also felt like someone was sitting on my chest... but then again she actually did insane.gif

sorry.gif

Lucky bastich.

OT- I just got done splitting a bunch of firewood in the freezing rain. I started to feel a bad cold or something coming on. I forgot all about it, when I took my shirt off, and a deer tick was imbedded into me. It took my wife 15 minutes to dig it out. It must have been there a couple of days.

Having had walking pneumonia several times, absolutely do NOT try to play through it. The only cure for it is about three days of sleeping. If you try to work through it or keep active, you'll be sick for a month. frustrated.gif

I forgot all about it, when I took my shirt off, and a deer tick was imbedded into me. It must have been there a couple of days.

You hadn't taken your shirt off for a couple of days?

1582742-Dirty2.JPG

27_laughing.gif You may not run across any deer ticks in Harlem. They are not easy to spot. Nasty critters, and Lyme Disease is one thing, that I am scared of.