• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Amazing Spiderman #2...rare "red eyes" variant!

17 posts in this topic

Just for fun...idle curiosity as to how this puppy would be graded.

Some budding young artist colored in not only the Spidey eyes & the two type blurbs on the cover, but also made similar additions to 7-8 panels inside.

Would you give this a Qualified grade since the interior pages are affected...or would you give it a very low unqualified grade, since it's an interior problem on a book that's lower grade to begin with? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

asm2.jpg

asm2back.jpg

Go ahead...do your worst... yay.gif

Since it's structurally sound with nothing missing and still has some eye appeal -- GOOD+

IMO, unless the scribbling was very heavy or obscured panels, a small amount of neat "drawing" does not affect this grade.

OGG has books GOOD- with a tremendous amount of writing... your ASM is much better than those examples.

IMO, unless the scribbling was very heavy or obscured panels, a small amount of neat "drawing" does not affect this grade.

Ack - dunno how you can say that... part of the reason this book is a 2.0 to 2.5 copy is due to the 'drawing' in the eyes and the words...? One of my pet peeves is people saying "well, in this grade, the loose c-fold (or missing piece of back cover or etc.) doesn't make a difference".... heck, those are things that determine the grade, along with anything and everything else!

Likewise, people who think that a book in a given grade can have ALL of the permissible defects for that grade are kidding themselves. If the book would be a 2.5 without the 'drawing on cover' then it's less than a 2.5 WITH the drawing...!!

Ack - dunno how you can say that... part of the reason this book is a 2.0 to 2.5 copy is due to the 'drawing' in the eyes and the words...? One of my pet peeves is people saying "well, in this grade, the loose c-fold (or missing piece of back cover or etc.) doesn't make a difference".... heck, those are things that determine the grade, along with anything and everything else!

Likewise, people who think that a book in a given grade can have ALL of the permissible defects for that grade are kidding themselves. If the book would be a 2.5 without the 'drawing on cover' then it's less than a 2.5 WITH the drawing...!!

I don't agree.

I think it's a 2.5 with or without the drawing. Even without the drawing, there is enough heavy wear and a multitude of small/moderate flaws to reduce it to 2.5. The drawing is an allowable defect in this range and is not severe enough to drop the grade any further IMO.

I agree that books can't have ALL the permissible defects and this one doesn't. It doesn't have serious chips, tears, heavy long creases or tape which are seen on many GOOD books. If this book did have all of those flaws, the sum total of the defects would drop it into the FAIR range or lower.

Just one man's opinion. grin.gif

It would/could be a 2.5/3.0 without the scribbles and is a 2.0/2.5 with the scribbles. so, it could be a 2.5 either way, just leaning in different directions due to the coloring.

In these low grades there's a fair amount of lattitude and subjectivity.

does that sound good?