• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

It has been a while since I had a book to post but thanks to eBay and sLiver, I have a few. In fact, I have finished my run of 94-143. I might upgrade some of the 9.6s down the road but I am happy for now.

First this gem from Mike.

UncannyX-Men122CGC98W.jpg

You might want to avert your gaze instead of looking at this next one. MutantKeys started a whole thread in General about how ugly it is.

UncannyX-Men132CGC96W.jpg

You are one of the pickiest collectors I know... WTF!! I cant believe you picked it up :o

You might want to avert your gaze instead of looking at this next one. MutantKeys started a whole thread in General about how ugly it is.
You are one of the pickiest collectors I know... WTF!! I cant believe you picked it up :o

lol I was trading emails with the owner of the 102 that I bought and asked him if he had a nice copy of 132 [since it was the last book I needed to finish my run]. He said he had a 9.6 copy so I said I would take it.

Later that day, I sent him an email saying that I was laughing at myself for not asking to see a scan first. I said, "I suppose the book is badly centered and has cream to tan pages." He wrote back, "It has white pages." I knew right then that the centering was going to be fun.

Oh well. I'll upgrade it some day.

It has been a while since I had a book to post but thanks to eBay and sLiver, I have a few. In fact, I have finished my run of 94-143. I might upgrade some of the 9.6s down the road but I am happy for now.

Congratulations, Stevie. I feel just the teensiest bit guilty for acquiring your absolutely perfect 132, but I am sure it will pass. Still, I think it is fantastic that you have completed your run. Here's to one of the best buds a guy could ask for. Woo hoo! (thumbs u

an early bronze x-men issue.....

x65ebay.jpg

Very nice book, Casey. However, it belongs in the Silver Age thread. (tsk)

It was printed in Feb 1970. I thought the bronze age started in 1970. (shrug)

The BA X-Men begin with the reprints. However, them being reprints, I really do not like to include them anywhere. :whistle:

an early bronze x-men issue.....

Very nice book, Casey. However, it belongs in the Silver Age thread. (tsk)

It was printed in Feb 1970. I thought the bronze age started in 1970. (shrug)

I agree with Casey. Bronze Age begins in 1970. But, I can see the point of keeping all the X-Men 1-66 books "together" in silver just like I consider all the Byrne X-Men bronze up to 143 even though some of those are 1980 books.

Congratulations, Stevie. I feel just the teensiest bit guilty for acquiring your absolutely perfect 132, but I am sure it will pass. Still, I think it is fantastic that you have completed your run. Here's to one of the best buds a guy could ask for. Woo hoo! (thumbs u

The impact of these Boards can definitely be seen in these recent deals. Before you started posting, I never could have imagined sending you one of my perfect 9.8s. I'm sure Mike would have felt the same about me. But, as we have had a chance to get to know each other a bit, those feelings change. I was rooting for you to finish your 9.8 run and I felt OK about my 132 going to you and finishing your run. sLiver knows his 122 went to a good home and he is looking forward to the thrill of the chase again.